Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 3

Posted September 21, 2014
The school is alright, the one way hallway thing in my opinion makes sense, however they still enforce it, even when there are no students in the hallways which is dumb, most of the the teachers that I met are all right, not perfect, but not bad. And in terms of dress code i think it's kinda dumb, I seen teachers write kids up just because there shirt tails out, it's kinda unfair. And they also have this rule where you cannot dye your hair an "unnatural" hair color, I personally think this rule is stupid because there is no reason why you can't dye your hair an "unnatural" hair color, and they never gave an explanation as to why it's a rule. All in all the schools pretty average, nothing great, but nothing bad

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 4

Posted March 04, 2010
Well, I graduated from this school in 2009, and it was a good experience. Most of the teachers care about the students' education and try to help in any way possible. All of my teachers that I had were great at what they did, even if some of them occasionally overloaded us with work. Although, the teachers were good, I think the courses should/need to be a bit more challenging. If you're enrolled in the G/T class, the teachers are great. I don't know if they are still teaching the advanced classes, but Mrs. Mohamed (loved her class), Mr. Michaelson (he was a little naggy at times and didn't allow much 'fun' in his classroom, but he taught us somewhat), Ms. Mitchell (fun), Mr. Martin (he taught us everything we needed to know and then some) and Mr. Legalley (organized, nice) were all great. Overall, this was a great school.

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 0

Posted December 19, 2009
What a change from 2004!!! And even then, my kids did not have a pleasant experience. The situation described by the student is reflective of its state in 2007. No improvement apparently. Well , I hope that next year when my last and 4th child attends Little Ike it will have improved. I'll make assurance doubly sure that my child does not get caught in the crossfire the way one of my kids did. Yes, some of the teachers could do better. Treat the kids with respect and you'll get respect in return. My Mom always said that love begets love. Listen to the kids when they express their feelings, and use that knowledge to improve your school! And for Heaven's sake don't put the kids down the way you teachers are prone to do. Showing unacceptable work as an example with a name attached to it is tantamount to child abuse.... mental abuse. Don't you EVER do that again!!! It can have very serious consequences down the road.

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 1

Posted December 08, 2009

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 1

Posted November 30, 2009
I have been at Eisenhower for almost three weeks now, and i feel that the teachers don't care. The classroom environments are noisy and disruptive. the dress code is not enforced. The teachers don't want to deal with the students so they simply write them up, usually 3-4 students are written up per hour. Overall, Eisenhower is a terrible school, if i were a parent i wouldn't allow my child to go to Eisenhower. The kids get away with murder, and they are not allowed to use the restroom except for the 5 minutes between classes, and with the number of students at this school it is nearly impossible to get from one class fighting through the crowd waiting in line at the restroom, and all of the one-way hallways!!! What are they thinking!

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 5

Posted January 16, 2009

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 4

Posted January 25, 2008

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School 5

Posted January 23, 2004
My daughter is new to this district and it has been like a breath of fresh air. All of the staff from custodial to administrative is concerned and helpful. I can not say enough about quality staff members. I have received immediate responses from the instructors and counselor. I experienced difficulty with one instructor who could not provide any answers or did not respond to questions or concerns. She was removed from his class and placed in another instructor's class whom she loves. My daughter enjoys and looks forward to attending classes on a daily basis. The school offers lots of activities and a safe environment. She has shown an improvement in attitude about teachers this year, because she feels that they really care. This school exemplifies that excellent and caring staff produce star students.

Eisenhower Ninth Grade School
3550 West Gulf Bank Road, Houston, TX  77088
Last modified Eisenhower Ninth Grade School is a Public school that serves grade 9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eisenhower Ninth Grade School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top