Posted March 28, 2014
I agree with the previous comments, this school is the worst. 3rd and 4th have to eat on the floor. They don't get served the same breakfast that is stated on the menu. They are not allowed to bring textbooks home. Most of there learning material are just printed out worksheets from the Internet. The teachers do not inform you of anything wrong academically. I guess so they don't have to do more work sending you information or ways to help you child. They send bad children to other rooms where good classes have to go so they can disrupt your child's learning. Also the teachers get so frustrated sometimes they punish the whole class. They send home projects ,worth more than half your child's grade, during their breaks. I would never recommend this school. Below standards in every way. You would have to spend extra money for tutoring and time teaching your child the basics to academically compete with other children in Texas.

Posted February 20, 2013
I would not send my child or anyone I cared about to that campus. Students are treated like the are in the military. They aren't given an opportunity to socialize at all. The older ones eat breakfast on the floor in the gym. Bad atmosphere all over. Not a nurturing place for a child. Principal is awful.

Calvert Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2011
This school is great based on academics. Unfortunately the principal is very distant from the parents and some of the teachers do not work with you to help your child suceed. One of the teachers was very nice and I rate her a 10 but others I may only rate a 2.

Posted December 29, 2010
Horrible school I hated it the kids in the third grade there acted like teenagers they were very innapropriate the police came three times to my son's classroom for gang activity going on with the boys and the girls and the police came one time to my son's classroom because a girl was being touched innapropriately by a boy that had a crush on her. The librarian made me pay books that my chld had already returned to the to the library. My daughter was bullied in the fourth grade until the end of the yearby some girls. One of the teachers found out that she was hiding the books in the back of the counter in her office and she admitted hiding them to get extra money.She got fired the very next day. try not to bring your child to this school.

Posted June 17, 2008
I taught for 1 year at this school, and was ready to quit by oct.! Other that the new to calvert teachers, the whole staff is totally rude, and very unprofessional. The principal came into my class 1 time the whole year. The administrators were horrible to some first year teachers from out of state. the school and classrooms are ugly and rundown, the custodians are lazy, and no one wanted to help anyone out.

Calvert Elementary School 3

Posted February 22, 2008

Calvert Elementary School 0

Posted November 28, 2007
They give students poor conduct for simply talking in line, not in line, in restroom too long, etc. Principals do not return calls to parents. Counselor always out of office.

Posted August 28, 2007
the buses dont pick up the children on time. It has been a few times where the buses would pass and not pick up the students. there is no order in the classroom. They cant control lunch room. This is by far worst school by child has attended.

Calvert Elementary School 4

Posted March 08, 2007
My husband and I have always found the front office staff to be very helpful and they always remember who we are. The first year my child attended there were problems with communication and information, but after asking parents for feedback, they resolved some of these issues the next year. Overall, I think Calvert Elementary sets a high standard for the community they serve.

Posted February 07, 2007

Calvert Elementary School
1925 Marvell Drive, Houston, TX  77032
Last modified Calvert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calvert Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top