Bad
Good

I am the parent of junior @ Elsik. I am really pleased w/ the school. My child has been very successful attending this school. I also really appreciate the involvement in the community.

I went to Elsik High School just one and half year...My teachers, counselor, bus drivers, also others workers are so nice...My teachers were helping me a lot...Students were coming from many countries in the world...We came to this school learned together and share many things about our countries...That's a great!!!

My daughter went to Elsik and she improved in all her classes if it wasnt for that school she would of failed im glad she went to that school.Her teachers reallu helped her.

I went to Elsik for three years. The school was so bad, I dropped out and got myself home-schooled. The majority of the teachers have no clue what they're doing, and one of the few exceptional teachers was fired for not teaching the way the administration wanted him to, despite the fact that his way of teaching was more effective. I took all AP classes, and even then the teachers spent most of their time reprimanding students than actually teaching (which isn't the teachers fault). It's chaotic between classes with constant riots in the hall, and not one teacher, AP, or hall monitor was able to stop it (not that they even tried). If you want your child to feel safe, get a good education, and actually make friends instead of being alienated for their race, this is not a good school. The test scores are horrible and the graduation rate is even worse.

One of my friends who goes to this school got pregnet and no one did nothing about it which i understand but they just said "oh we're so sorry for this" but we are not going to do anything.

graduated from elsik high school in 2008 and i think it has great stuff that always tries to help and support your needs. i was very pleased with the teachers i had and i love that the school has 50% hispanics

I have gone to Elsik High School for one year and the year that i have gone the teachers there have no idea what they are talking about. the school hired a non speaking english math teacher for the class. the students there are always in seperate cliques, and the diversity is not all brought together... Elsik high school is a place of chaos..and they are very disorganized in helping their students and teachers to graduate.

This school may be strict but provides a good learning environment for the students. The teachers are very encouraging and all have their own unique way of teaching. This school is perfect for college prepatry.

My daughter attends Elsik 9th Grade Center, the separate campus for Freshmen. It has separate 'Communities', each having its own assistant principals (APs) and counselors. My daughter's AP, counselor and teachers are phenomenal to work with and work for her best interest. My daughter is a teen mother, but all have been more than supportive in helping me keep her re-focused and back on track. She s still on the honor roll, at the top percentile of her class and already has set goals for college. Their support of her education & future has reinforced that this challenge was not the end for her, but a greater reason to push forward. I am eternally grateful. This was difficult, but I know I'm not alone. Work with your school and they can work with you Elsik worked with us. Elsik is a Great School.

I am just starting to go to Elsik High School, and its going very well. I am a freshman and the teachers there in the Elsik Ninth Grade Center really is there to help every ninth grader to get ready to become a sophmore and help us in any way they can. They all have the same goal for every student which is to graduate and then get into a good college. You wont believe how much they would be repeating the same thing over and over again til we make it to where we want to be. For parents and students, Elsik High School is really a good place for learning. Plus, people are very friendly so you will fit in right away.

Last modified Elsik High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.