Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 3,973

Posted April 28, 2014
I am the parent of junior @ Elsik. I am really pleased w/ the school. My child has been very successful attending this school. I also really appreciate the involvement in the community.

Posted August 13, 2012
I went to Elsik High School just one and half year...My teachers, counselor, bus drivers, also others workers are so nice...My teachers were helping me a lot...Students were coming from many countries in the world...We came to this school learned together and share many things about our countries...That's a great!!!

Posted November 25, 2011
My daughter went to Elsik and she improved in all her classes if it wasnt for that school she would of failed im glad she went to that school.Her teachers reallu helped her.

Elsik High School 2

Posted June 07, 2011
I went to Elsik for three years. The school was so bad, I dropped out and got myself home-schooled. The majority of the teachers have no clue what they're doing, and one of the few exceptional teachers was fired for not teaching the way the administration wanted him to, despite the fact that his way of teaching was more effective. I took all AP classes, and even then the teachers spent most of their time reprimanding students than actually teaching (which isn't the teachers fault). It's chaotic between classes with constant riots in the hall, and not one teacher, AP, or hall monitor was able to stop it (not that they even tried). If you want your child to feel safe, get a good education, and actually make friends instead of being alienated for their race, this is not a good school. The test scores are horrible and the graduation rate is even worse.

Elsik High School 1

Posted March 05, 2011
One of my friends who goes to this school got pregnet and no one did nothing about it which i understand but they just said "oh we're so sorry for this" but we are not going to do anything.

Posted October 16, 2010
graduated from elsik high school in 2008 and i think it has great stuff that always tries to help and support your needs. i was very pleased with the teachers i had and i love that the school has 50% hispanics

Elsik High School 1

Posted July 29, 2010
I have gone to Elsik High School for one year and the year that i have gone the teachers there have no idea what they are talking about. the school hired a non speaking english math teacher for the class. the students there are always in seperate cliques, and the diversity is not all brought together... Elsik high school is a place of chaos..and they are very disorganized in helping their students and teachers to graduate.

Posted November 03, 2009
This school may be strict but provides a good learning environment for the students. The teachers are very encouraging and all have their own unique way of teaching. This school is perfect for college prepatry.

Posted June 01, 2009

Elsik High School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
My daughter attends Elsik 9th Grade Center, the separate campus for Freshmen. It has separate 'Communities', each having its own assistant principals (APs) and counselors. My daughter's AP, counselor and teachers are phenomenal to work with and work for her best interest. My daughter is a teen mother, but all have been more than supportive in helping me keep her re-focused and back on track. She s still on the honor roll, at the top percentile of her class and already has set goals for college. Their support of her education & future has reinforced that this challenge was not the end for her, but a greater reason to push forward. I am eternally grateful. This was difficult, but I know I'm not alone. Work with your school and they can work with you Elsik worked with us. Elsik is a Great School.

Elsik High School
12601 High Star Drive, Houston, TX  77072
Last modified Elsik High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elsik High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top