Houston, TX

Posted August 25, 2013
I pulled my daughter out of a supposedly exclusive private school to place her in chambers, within 2 months she was reading!!! I found it funny that most of the parent complaints about education on this thread lacked proper English and spelling. As parents we are responsible to assist the teacher through homework completion and daily reading with our children to promote advancements in their education. It's should not all be on the teacher!! :) I did my research before placing my daughter in chambers. Their test scores are some of the highest in the district. I am very pleased with the education my daughter is receiving. As stated by another parent I to have pushed back plans on moving out of the area so my daughter can stay at the school.

Posted May 21, 2012
Parents comments are not to against each other. we comments to make the school gets better. No offending any parents. In general if you see more complains less compliment you better watch out, or opposed. We are parents we want the school doing good job because there are tax payers whose expecting good school for their children. We have the right to point out the weakness point to make it better. I agreed to leave 1 (One) Star. I am about to transfer my kid to another school. Due to our moved last year, my kid have to registed for this school, the system here is fails in may points. 1/ Kids speaking nasty language with F workd in second grade. stolen. Teacher do not know how to control them, took things from one give to another just because he/ she said it was his/her. When we straight it out there are teacher who applogized me at the front office. that kept happen again in class. I asked my kid why don't you tell your teacher? she said:" teacher told us not to complain, becdause "I don't want to hear it" (???) Big kid stepped on my kid's hand... second grade kids talk about lovers, kisses, boyfriends, etc... (2nd grade) (???) These needed to be corrected.

Chambers Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2010
I had the pleasure of student teaching at this school. While I disagreed with certain aspects in the way the school was run, I learned so much from the highly qualified teachers and staff of Chambers Elementary. The methods that these teachers use is definitely considered 'best practice' and the variety in lessons, activities, and projects was unmatched by any of the other 4 elementary schools I have observed in or worked for. The school has so many educational resources for the students and better yet, they put these resources to good use! I cannot speak for all teachers in all grade levels but there were several teachers that I worked with in Chambers that I would be happy to have as my own child's teacher.

Posted November 10, 2008
My daughter has been going to chambers since pre-k she is currently in 2nd grade. I feel that the school- district is not concerned with teaching the kids, they are only concerned about the taks test.Simple spelling and phonics is not in taught.I think they are setting our children up to fail by overlooking the basics and placing so much emphasis on the taks test.I am utterly disgusted and i am trying so hard to do the best for my child's future.

Posted September 18, 2008
I my doughters went to this school and it was miserable for them especially this last year that pass, the teachers are not responsible or friendly, I use to like it when the old teacher and old principal was there, the education was at a better rate. Thank goodness that I transfer my daughters out

Posted November 06, 2007
Those parents who don't like this school are those who have their own issues. This school is consistent and has high expectations. I have not moved from this neighborhood because I want my child to finsh 4th grade here. Yes they may have young teachers, but they are well prepared.

Posted August 30, 2007
I am very glad that my child is out of Chambers. The principal and the counsler are not parent friendly.

Chambers Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2007
I am very disappointed with the quality of education and the knowledge of the teachers here. Most of the teachers are very young and don't dedicate thier time to thier students like they should. This place is run like a boot camp, too. My daughter and I hate this school. I can't wait till next year so I can pull her out of this place!

Chambers Elementary School 4

Posted May 04, 2007
I am very pleased with Chambers. My little boy couldn't read when he first started there. Now, thanks to Ms. Hogan he is reading on grade level.

Posted May 08, 2006
In my opinion, Chambers Elementary is the best elementary school in Alief ISD. It is very parent friendly. The staff that I have had exposure to are excellent, especially Mr. Mark Spilman. They are concerning with educating the whole student. The academic programs, extracurricular activities and parent involvement are on point.

Chambers Elementary School
10700 Carvel Lane, Houston, TX  77072
Last modified Chambers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chambers Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top