Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,004

Youens Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2013
If only there could be more diversity. This whole area has turn into one ethnic group. I am no where near caring about things as little as skin color, but every child and every place needs different cultures. Not just one. Not the fault of the school. Many neighborhoods end up being all "one type" sooner or later. Youens is clean and they seem to offer different things to get parent's more interested in their child's education.

Youens Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2011
This school is very crowded and majority are Spanish speaking students, at a quick look you would think you are in a Mexico school. Classroom ratio is of one of the worst in the area. I would not recommend this school.

Youens Elementary School 1

Posted August 07, 2009

Youens Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2009

Youens Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2008
the teachers are very good and my dauther had commanded performance in her TAKS tanks to the teachers: Mr.Felix and Mr.Mellado fourth grade teachers

Youens Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2006

Youens Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2005
Youens Elementary School is a great school in terms of academics. My children learn progressively very well the basics they will need on the next level. I am very happy with the arts and sports program as well. They are equally important for my children. My wife and I take part in the activities as much as we could.

Youens Elementary School 3

Posted October 23, 2004
I have lived in Houston since 1999. I have 4 children in the alief school district. I see that the Mexican population in growing. I had never heard of ESL until coming to houston. I see they are teaching Mexican children to be bi-linqual at an early age. The job market here is requesting a large volume of applicants to be biligual. Why not teach americans (Black/Whites/Asians) to speak spanish in school on the elementary level to better equipt them for Houston (Texas) great demand for the future.

Youens Elementary School
12141 High Star Drive, Houston, TX  77072
Last modified Youens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Youens Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top