Bad
Good

Outley Elementary School 1

Posted November 09, 2014
We moved here from another country. It was a very rough transition, and the staff was not supportive at all. The admin staff is very uncaring, cold, and always too busy to help the parents. This school will not let you see your child without an appointment. Many parents here are very unsatisfied with the staff, and are moving to private schools. I am somewhere having feeling that they are not supportive to children with different country.

Posted April 18, 2014
The school is well organized. The teachers are friendly. My kid love the school, so I rate it 5 star.

Posted October 15, 2013
The school is very organized,Teachers and staff are very helpfull and supportive. .. I will give it five stars.

Posted September 06, 2013
We live in Royal Oaks, a luxury community down the road from this school and have two boys enrolled here. At first there was a lot of trepidation sending them to public schools in this area. I can tell you after 2 years that it has been a great move. Our boys get to experience many cultures and ethnicities, the teachers have been great, and my kids are learning and happy. If you are an involved parent this is great elementary school as many parents are not involved so if you are, the teachers will really appreciate working with you and really go the extra mile. Plus, I cant say enough about exposing privleged kids to the melting pot of cultures. The first step raising truly well rounded children in America today. Not to mention, we pay boat loads of property taxes so its nice to get something out of that expenditure. The school is very organized, the staff is strict, yes, but I appreciate that and feel my kids are safer because of it. Anyway, for elementary- I give it five stars.

Posted August 13, 2013
Outley is a decent school. Staff is friendly enough to parents, I have heard front office staff talking condescending to students more than once but there was no profanity, on the bright side. There is a program in place for 'slow learners' which I saw was a complaint earlier, it's called Special Education. I feel the school is safe, the teachers do a good job of keeping tabs on the kids. The school is very AIMS motivated, and geared for typical kids to do a typical job. Standardized testing is the focus,throughout the year as with any other public school in Texas. The structure can be very rigid and a lot of 'we can't' even with Special Education exceptions. Over all I'd say if you have a typical kid, and are looking for a typical school you'll be very pleased with what you find at Outley. With extraordinary circumstances, or a child with special needs you can probably find better.

Posted March 10, 2012
I am extremely pleased of high standards of AIMS program of Outley. My son was there . Highly recommend this school. If you looking for good academics and self discipline and positive experience then it is a wonderful school.

Outley Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2011
We moved here from another city. It was a rough transition, and the staff was not supportive at all. The admin staff is very uncaring, cold, and always too busy to help the parents. This school will not let you see your child without an appointment. Many parents here are very unsatisfied with the staff, and are moving to private schools. My child gets great reviews from teachers, and has great grades. The only redeeming quality is that he has an caring teacher. I am moving my children from this school because of the staff, and the do not address parental concerns in regards to bullying.

Posted August 13, 2010
My son went to kindergarten 09-10 here. He never attended pre- k or daycare and we relocated from IL. In the beginning the transition was very tough and we did not have a lot of support from the staff. They weren't very caring, helpful or compassionate for what he's been through and they weren't very respectful of me because Im a young single mother. His teacher was friendly and the former principle, current secretary is very welcoming. The school overall was average and we are in the Cy-fair district now (10-11). My son did like it so thats what the stars are for. :)

Outley Elementary School

Posted August 24, 2009
I like how the teachers and administrators walk my children to class and my children have been rewarded and they send home communication folders for me to sign. This is a wonderful school

Posted April 16, 2009
In general I will say this school is good but I was expecting more since I heard that was the best school in Alief. This year my 2 children are in AIMS and they are new in only english program. The transition had not been easy for them and I do not see special attention to this matter. Safe and clean school but need more heart from staff. Lack of communication between school and parents.

Outley Elementary School
12355 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX  77082
Last modified Outley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.