Bad
Good

My son has been attending Heflin since pre K and is currently in second grade. I have never had a single issue with any of his teachers, or anyone for that fact. My son has LOVED every one of his teachers. One of the best things about this school is they have a zero tolerance for bullying. This has always been a fear I have as a mother. Heflin teaches them from pre K that bullying and negative behavior towards others will not be tolerated. The Principal Mrs. Human, always has a smile on her face, and greats the children when she passes them, (My son has even noticed that she waves to younger ones, and encourages all students to do their best. This school has been a deciding factor on me not moving for the past few years.

i am a concerned grandmother living in san antonio and i must say i am hearing so many bad reviews from the whole school districts. i have a grandson going to heflin and one to budewig soon and now im getting worried. i really hope these are old reviews and the policies have changed to make it better schools. please staff and teachers. our children need to be kept safe and have a safe learning place. please take care of our loved ones while they are in your hands all day. i can only pray.

Terrible overcrowded understaffed school. Children get their spirits crushed, yelled at over the slightest wrong doing (pk thru 4th) and horribly embarrased in front of peers, teachers and visitors. Principal and her assistants do not encourage GT programs due to understaffing, which means Gifted children are never even tested, unless parents push the issue A LOT, and even after they are tested, parents are told their children did not exceed the expectations for GT promotion. If I could start all over, I would never consider sending my children to this school.

I made a review when our now kinder/1st grader (she splits) was entering preschool at Heflin. Overall I think this is a GOOD school. All her teachers have worked well with my husband and I and when certain events allow by their times for parent involvement we see a good number of parents. We had an issue with Bulling on the bus and between the Principal and our daughters teacher it was taken care of; so I would say that issues as such seriousness was resolved. As I stated above our daughter splits so the school does recognize each childs level of understanding and does what they can to nourish it. We now have a 4mth old and wish she was old enough to attend Heflin at this current time.

The principal is very non socialable. Does not deal with conflict well!!! She also does not have good parent communicational skills. The asst principal is the one they put in front of the parents to clean up the messes that they make and she and the prinicipal seems to have a rocky work relationship! The teachers are ok.

Heflin is a great school,in fact one of the best in Alief in my opinion.Both my daughters have been attending since Kindergarten.The teachers have great communication skills and are eager to help the children learn.My daughters teacher goes above her calling! I love Heflin. The principal there is very involved and has a great disposition about herself. I am grateful my children had the chance to experience their love and support at Heflin!

Last modified Heflin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.