Houston, TX

Posted October 17, 2013
This is my son's first year at Holub. He got his physical to play football. The coach lost the physical With all of my son's personal information social security number, address. Then the coach requested that we go back to the doctor and get another one Filled out. After we talked to the assistant principal about you missing one, The coach Started treating my son really bad. We got the physical over again, My son decided not to play football because he did not want to be singled out by the coach. I was actually proud of him for making that decision. Because I know how bad the coaches and the teachers can get once you report them, they make your child's life a living H..ll. From experience in this school district, he had to learn the hard way. What's sad is My son told his younger brother To stay invisible to the teachers, Don't ask any questions, Don't raise your hand. Just try to stay out of their way and figure things out on your own is the best way to get through. I have sold my home and now I am moving out of this district !

Posted May 13, 2013
This is the worst school I have ever experienced in regards to administration is disgusting that only two administration and a 3 of these so called specialist contribute to the poor performance of the Holub MS. The Kids are actually good kids but tend to act out due the high teacher turn over rate.

Posted June 30, 2008
Holub used to be a great school, but the current principal doesn't know how to manage a totally out of control environment. The Alief school district should do something.

Holub Middle School 4

Posted October 23, 2007
The 07-08 year marks a turning point in discipline. New APs, stricter rules enforcement, new faculty all add up to make Holub much better than in the past. Just ask the returning 8th graders. Still working, but making real progress.

Posted August 03, 2007
Holub can not be considered safe or responsible for children.

Posted July 24, 2007
I think the teachers were excellent the past five years. I think the former principal was excellent, but the current principal is going to run this school into the ground. Until the administration addresses her inadiquecies and short comings, Holub is in trouble.

Holub Middle School 3

Posted April 30, 2006
Extracurricular activities are great! Although is in a not so good area, the school is pretty good.

Holub Middle School 3

Posted February 24, 2006
Although Holub has good programs, and is a decent school, the students them selves, and the area the school is in isn't all that great. But, one extrodinary teacher who works there, Mrs.Payne, is head of many great and wonderful programs and classes ,like video production, the Tech academy, and YLA.

Holub Middle School 4

Posted August 05, 2005
I think that Holub Middle School academic programs are great! My daughter needed help in math and went to the TAKS help. When I saw here test score I was so happy to see that she passed. I think Holub is very smart by adding a Technology Acadmey. That will help a look of childen who want to be a builder, mathmaticer, rocket scientist. I really opens up the door for student who thought they had no hope. Their art department is excellent. The learn all about the color cycle and textures and the art department has won alot of reward in the past few years thanks to Ms. Urband and Mr. Weaver. I think the sports progam really help the students with the no pass no play law. Because alot os students like basketball and to stay on the team they have to pass 'all' their classes.

9515 South Dairy Ashford Road, Houston, TX  77099
Last modified Holub Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holub Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top