Sneed Elementary School 5

Posted March 27, 2013
This is my first year working with Sneed, and with Alief ISD. I was very impressed that we have specialists in all major subject areas. My last school did not have this so this was a great PLUS to me. All the Administrators and Specialists have been very professional and helpful. Our staff works together and we have had Literacy, Math, Science, and Fitness Night to get our community involved at school. The children always have a BLAST and so does the staff. We are always looking for parent volunteers. I am very lucky to have a parent volunteer from my class. She has been amazing and has help me so much this school year! And as for school safety we take this very seriously. We have cameras in the halls and we have a protective gate that wraps around the school.

Sneed Elementary School 1

Posted January 11, 2010

Posted November 11, 2009
My daughter has attended this school for 2yrs now and so far I have had no problems. I think the curriculum is just fine and the teachers my daughter has had have been perfect. The conferences I had with the teachers where ok, (in-person, every parent has a choice, over the phone or in person) they took time to explain my child's progress and promptly return my calls after school when ever I do call. And the staff in all the departments I have contacted so far have been professional and nice both in person and over the phone. I think the school is a good school, academically and environmental wise.

Sneed Elementary School 2

Posted July 05, 2009
My daughter went to this school last year and I do NOT recommend it. The teachers become less involved with the parents as the year goes on. It took months to get a parent/teacher conference, and it still ended up being over the phone. The progress reports we received were not even written in complete sentences, and these are the people we rely on to teach our children to read and write. There is poor communication between the school and the student's parents. Teachers are quick to judge and yell when it is not an important issue. 'They're only 5 years old, that's what they do. Let it go!' The school is well organized within their workings (without parents involvement) and appears safe for the children though.

Sneed Elementary School 2

Posted May 30, 2006
Academic programs are good, but they do not have a PTA and parents to not appear to be very welcome in the school. Some teachers are excellent while others do not seem to know what is going on in the school and many are first year 'alternative certification' teachers. The principal is not warm and inviting at all and creates a somewhat 'cold' atmosphere in the school. Discipline can be harsh and negative and teachers often yell and rarely just let things go, making things much harder on themselves. It is orderly and safe, although to the detriment of fun.

Sneed Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2006
I strongly would not recommend it. They are quick to label your children rather than help them.

Posted June 18, 2005

Posted April 17, 2005
My son assist to this school by two years, it's a very good school.The quality of academic programs are excellent. There are classes of music,sports and art. Excellent discipline and security.

Posted April 17, 2005

Sneed Elementary School
9855 Pagewood Lane, Houston, TX  77042
Last modified Sneed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sneed Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top