Bad
Good

This is my first year working with Sneed, and with Alief ISD. I was very impressed that we have specialists in all major subject areas. My last school did not have this so this was a great PLUS to me. All the Administrators and Specialists have been very professional and helpful. Our staff works together and we have had Literacy, Math, Science, and Fitness Night to get our community involved at school. The children always have a BLAST and so does the staff. We are always looking for parent volunteers. I am very lucky to have a parent volunteer from my class. She has been amazing and has help me so much this school year! And as for school safety we take this very seriously. We have cameras in the halls and we have a protective gate that wraps around the school.

My daughter has attended this school for 2yrs now and so far I have had no problems. I think the curriculum is just fine and the teachers my daughter has had have been perfect. The conferences I had with the teachers where ok, (in-person, every parent has a choice, over the phone or in person) they took time to explain my child's progress and promptly return my calls after school when ever I do call. And the staff in all the departments I have contacted so far have been professional and nice both in person and over the phone. I think the school is a good school, academically and environmental wise.

My daughter went to this school last year and I do NOT recommend it. The teachers become less involved with the parents as the year goes on. It took months to get a parent/teacher conference, and it still ended up being over the phone. The progress reports we received were not even written in complete sentences, and these are the people we rely on to teach our children to read and write. There is poor communication between the school and the student's parents. Teachers are quick to judge and yell when it is not an important issue. 'They're only 5 years old, that's what they do. Let it go!' The school is well organized within their workings (without parents involvement) and appears safe for the children though.

Last modified Sneed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.