Houston, TX

North Shore Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
My child entered Galena Park ISD in 2012. I wasn't really happy with the current grade North Shore but after meeting her teacher (Mrs. Walding & Mrs Clements 4th) and seeing how they well they worked with my child to get her not only on level but above were she had to be for 5th grade...........i hope my child continues to get great instructors just like them. They were always willing to help and give extra work or offer websites if need to ensure my child understood. I also enjoyed to after school program ( 21st Century) Mrs. Valdez is doing great works with the kids exposing them to different activities. 2013-2014 5th grade year I had an issue with my child homeroom teacher professionalism and Mrs Esmeralda (the principal) / Mrs Perez made themselves very visible and it was handled immediately. I'm excited to see what's to come my child's 6th grade year at Cobb

North Shore Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2010
This school need a bi lingual class for English speaking children. Since Spanish is the second language in this country I think instead of the School District Catering to the Spanish Speaking they should adapt a plan for those whos primimary language is English to keep them up to speed as well. We change so that they will understand sign books etc., but the other are being forgotten. Not Understood Not Understood at all. I tried to get the kids in a Spanish class 3 years ago I'm still wainting the class was full by Hispanic go figure.

Posted March 02, 2009
My children attend this school and I love it! I am always in contact with the teachers if I need to be. The principal is very outgoing and very involved with all the activities. My children get a great education and they are content attending North Shore Elementary.

North Shore Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2007
From my point of you the teachers are nice but the office personal only help who they want to help, they are rude and inconsiderabel toward others feelings.

Posted April 16, 2005
I have children who attend this school and I feel that it is a wonderfull school and it has teachers who care about their students.

North Shore Elementary School 4

Posted March 04, 2004
The district is exemplary; teachers are friendly and express expectations clearly; first graders have too much homework; but most importantly, I do not like everything having to be written in English and Spanish. This is Texas in America and everyone should be utilizing English while at school. District should set up a seperate campus or at least a seperate wing for students who are hindered by a language barrior (and not just Spanish) then work with them on the Eng as a second language until they can integrate into regular classes with the goal of utilizing English only during classes or other school functions! I think we spend too much time and money printing 2-sided documents. Perhaps print in both languages (English and whatever the native tongue is) for the parents that don't speak English. Should encourage attendance to or offer ESL classes to those parents.

North Shore Elementary School
14310 Duncannon Drive, Houston, TX  77015
Last modified North Shore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Shore Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top