Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 16, 2016
Miss Chu, Ms. Merrill, Mr. Gardner all great teachers who genuinely care. They respect the children themselves and use positive motivation. I can't thank you enough.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 16, 2016
Coaches as teachers? They shuffle around to fit the schools need. Im left wondering about their experience or education level.

Grady Middle School 4

Posted April 16, 2016
My child came from Briargrove and this is her 3rd yr at Grady. Her 6th grade yr was great. She was happy and excited about going to school. Towards the end of 7th she wasn't too thrill and now 8th she just can't stand the school. Just like every school you have some teachers who care and others who don't. We have had issues with 2 teachers. She felt she was being bullied by one and just picked on or singled out by the other. She has came home telling me horrible stories of adolescent sex in restrooms and drugs on campus. None of this is communicated to the parents. The principal is tough and stays on top of everything. I must say. When I have had issues I get a response fairly quickly. They also focus on STARR testing. Lots of extra curricular activities. The new campus is great. Kids are no longer in T-buildings. You have your good and bad wherever you might go.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 19, 2015
I think most of the teachers are very caring and eager to help our kids. My son is enjoying his first year so far and I know he will do very well. Thank you to all the staff at Grady Middle School.

Posted November 19, 2015
As a new student in special ed, our son is receiving the similar care and concern he experienced in nine years of private school. The teachers and administration bends over backwards to ensure students get a first-rate education. Grady is a gem of HISD. be more pleased with the care and responsiveness of our the teachers and administration.

Posted June 08, 2015
I am currently a high school student at Memorial High School and after leaving Grady Middle School I felt very prepared. People always say Spring Branch schools are supposed to be more difficult, but I am at the top of my class because of the great foundation Grady provided for me. I loved all of my teachers and I felt like I had a personal relationship with most of them. The teachers really care about the students.

Posted May 24, 2015
I went to Grady Middle School for three years and had some of the best years of my life that I know I will never forget. I always wish that Grady had been a school that went from 6th grade all the way to 12th grade! Grady has so many different activities and fun things that you can do during and after school... Personally I was and still am a theatre kid and the theatre program at Grady is one if the many things that I am thankful to Grady for. Another thing that I could not imagine going to that school with out are the teachers and staff! I had the best time with all of my teachers and coaches and deans! They all are always there for you and I still go and visit them and call them for advice! (My mom and my math teacher are now best friends!) Not to mention that they are in the process and are so close to finishing a whole new school! If Grady is still around when I have a family and kids... That's where you'll see my kids getting the best education I could ever ask for!

Grady Middle School 1

Posted April 13, 2015
If you love your children don't go to this school. This school is really bad! One of my teachers lets us watch cartoons and pretend we are working instead of practicing for STAAR test. All the buildings are made of wood and they are really dirty and old. Another teacher doesn't care about you and if you don't understand something he won't explain to you! He also has a really messy classroom! Also a teacher tells us to study something and puts something different in the test!! I have experienced all those conflicts so believe me don't let your child go there!!

Grady Middle School 2

Posted November 14, 2014
The student body has quite a bit of kids that are rude, rough and apparently allowed to do whatever it is they please away from school. If you don't mind having your child exposed to all that crude behavior then fine.

Posted July 02, 2014
Grady is a great middle school. It's a relatively small middle school for the Houston area with inspiring teachers who care about their students. I have one child who has attended Grady for the past two years and we are looking forward to one more year. The coaches, teachers and staff take a genuine interest in the students and it has been a pleasure to watch our child excel academically, as well as enjoy all of the extra-curricular activities offered by Grady. This school is truly a jewel in HISD's crown.

5215 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX  77056
Last modified Grady Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.