Bad
Good

I am currently in 8th grade going to West Briar Middle School. I loved BBE. From what I remember, this school has outstanding academics and a great faculty. I remember when I was in BBE Mrs. Bush (the spectacular First Lady) visited us once a year and read us all a book, from Pre-K to 5th grade. I had a twin brother with Down syndrome and I remember the teachers there loved him and treated him very well. When I went to middle school, with my brother, my intelligence level drained due to the level of teaching as well as the atmosphere. West Briar Middle School is becoming worse and worse through the years. Our new principle Simpson is rude. She is cruel to the students, does NOT listen to the student and even the teachers agree. I am very scared now because I have a few high school magnet programs I would like to apply for but I'm scared my IQ has gone down because of that school. I was zoned to go there but to sum it up Barbra Bush is and excellent school and try not to go to WBMS. I'm sorry but it's the truth. Good lick with your choice of schools! I strongly recommend BBE!

We just started school this year. My kids moved from a private montessori. While they are adjusting with the big school rules and environment, the teachers and staff work very very hard with the kids. Ms.Ennis is the best teacher one could have asked for. So is the reading teacher. Ms.Junco is working fantastic with my younger one. It's a pleasure to be in this school. The front office staff are so helpful and even the ancillary teachers are so warm and creative with the kids. My kids love it now. The principal, vice principals are always at the car pool lane making sure the kids are safe, whether it's rain, shine or thunder. Hats off!

Bush is a "good school" academically speaking-overall. That is partly because they have an active PTO and are populated by families with middle to high incomes to support it. Also because of SOME, not ALL of the teachers. They drive you nuts about making sure your kid is in school daily so they don't miss funding. Duh. Some teachers are inspiring and accept that not all kids learn the same way, while others will demonize and vilify kids who are not perfect straight A/gifted students. My kid struggles due to a documented learning disability, but several teachers treated him with disrespect and bias because of it. The resource teacher is low key but awesome. Some teachers even told her she did not "want" to learn. A few others were compassionate, inspiring and supportive. So, it's truly a hit or miss. They retest students over and over until they get the best grade that looks best, and then say that their students are better performers overall when I don't think that is true in actuality. They do not administer discipline equally, so don't expect that either. There's students whole parents work here and who are subsequently,"immune" to the rules.

Excellent school ! My son started in Kindergarten and is now in 1st grade. They have a great learning process. All the teachers are extremely nice and word very hard with the kids.

Yes,its the best simply,real educational academy, the teachers are real professional, the principle guiding the car pool daily by her self for children safety. I never see staff loved the children like that.

Hi My school has talent! My school has power! Power,Power to rock other schools!! WE ROCK!!!!!!

This school is the best. Nothing can top it. It's the best of the best!!! :D It has amazing and caring teachers, and the staff are all nice. I super duper highly recommend this school. Like I said: BEST OF THE BEST. :) I don't get why everyone is saying the office staff is so called rude. They are so nice! They know what is going on with the students. And this school is just one word - Amazing. :)

Barbara Bush Elementary is an excellent school, GT (Gifted & Talented) program is the best . My daughter is currently attending Kindergarden and is amazing the progress in her reading level. Her reading level is the same of an average student in second grade, tested by an independent source. She has read more than 100 books since the beginning of the year. The education in Barbara Bush is comparable as several private schools in the area. My daugther loves going to School, I have great communication with her teacher, I am very proud to be part of this School. Parent involvement is awesome, moms volunteer in many areas needed. Public Education works when teacher & parents work together in committing for excellence in education. I hope other public schools will follow Barbara Bush footsteps in educating our kids. Love Barbara Bush!

Barabara Bush is in my opinion the best school in Houston after only T.H Rogers. I have my daughter here for past two years and I am very happy with the way she is making progress. At age five and half she could read Accelerated Reading books with level as high as 3.5. She could read do her math addition (independantly) and subtraction (with some assistance but thats because she is still developing and is youngest in the class). There are other activities like French (one has to pay for this) and Spanish languages, and music etc which is added help to learn more languages. The school has accelarated reading program, which helps kids to read atleast one book everyday so kids end up not just reading lot of books but develop reading as a habbit. Parent involvement is encouraged and lot of parents volunteer to help teachers in and out. Teachers are excellent and I regard the school for helping to shape the future of our kids.

I am a student here at Barbara Bush Elementary. I love everything. The teachers are nice but still strict. Much better than Village School or other private. I disagree with all the parents who submitted this school as bad but although the school is good the front office people are very mean. I have been here seven years. They provide ESL after school sports, after school technology, chorus,Name That Book, after school art. It has very good grades and is Exemplary. Encourages you to study in a fun way. It is not always worksheets worksheets worksheets in classrooms. We play educational games. The teaching is very good. mostly 99% on TAKS! The teachers are very helpful. Only maybe 3 homework worksheets a day when you get to 5th grade. (Which I am in). It also has West Briar Middle School right next to it and Westside High School in front of it. It's location is perfect. I LOVE BARBARA BUSH ELEMENTARY!!!!! LETS GO BOBBCATS!!!!

Last modified Bush Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.