No rating

Ashford Elementary School

Public | PK-4 | 542 students

Posted April 18, 2014

And the review by the staff stating that Valerie Sikes leads the school is obviously in denial.I wonder if the principal even did it herself,wont put anything past her.

Posted August 25, 2013

This is one of the best school The teachers are more like a parent I would say. Loving ,kind,very very understanding... my son Tanish who was in pre kg and in miss Do class ...c is one of the best teachers I have come across we will miss u this year mam, thank for blomming my son, we will miss u this yr.

Posted May 13, 2013

I use too go to this school and I had a great education not compared with other schools I used to go

Posted September 17, 2009

Our children are getting a private school education, at public school prices. Private school teachers are quitting to come teach here. Children come first with the excellent administrators, teachers and staff. Great parent and community involvement. Our third child is now in first grade. We have been here since it became a Primary School and Shadowbriar became 3 5. We feel this situation is great for the kids. We are so glad we didn t transfer out to another feeder school.

Posted July 2, 2009

Growing up, I attended private school my whole life and was very wary of public schools. My oldest went to Ashford and now my second will be in Kindergarten and we are so thrilled to be back. It is truly a loving, fun environment and to top it all off, an excellent learning environment as well. My daughter has excelled at Shadowbriar and I know the great foundation comes from the teachers and staff at Ashford!

Posted July 1, 2009

Absolutely love this school. Parents are always welcome, lots of opportunities to help out and information is shared regularly and timely. My kids have flourished in this school. As a teacher myself, I highly recommend this school!

Posted July 1, 2009

I have had two daughters attend Ashford and am sorry to see my second one entering 2nd grade because it means only one more year at Ashford. The staff from the front office/administration to the teachers are a great group of people. You can be involved as much as you want or as little as you want and your child will experience a great education.

Posted July 1, 2009

I have had 3 other children attend private school. my youngest just finished kindergarten at Ashford and hands down, learned more this year than my other children did. Great experience. Wonderful teachers. Glad i made the change.

Posted July 1, 2009

My first child attended Ashford and now my second child is doing so. Both children have excelled there. The GT program is wonderful as is the staff. Ashford is Pre-K thru 2nd and I love the small school feeling.

Posted July 1, 2009

Ashford is a wonderful primary school , a great neighborhood school. It is only pre-k-2nd grade so all of the kids are small. Teachers are good, lots of extras; outdoor education center, computer, art, science, music...both of my children went there.

Posted July 1, 2009

My child attended this wonderful school from K - 2nd. I loved the atmosphere and the focus on early education. I work in another school district and could have brought my daughter to a school in that district. When I compared the curriculums of both schools, I quickly chose Ashford and have never regretted it. She learned above and beyond what was taught at the same levels in the district where I work. I wish HISD had a better reputation , because my daughter had a better elementary experience than I could have hoped for.

Posted June 4, 2009

I think the best thing about this school is the principal. She is very loving and caring about her students. She doesn't just say she puts this children first, it shows. I love the way she upholds that belief in everything she does.

Posted June 3, 2009

The GT program is fabulous from Kindergarten on up. We have been blessed by such great teachers and administration. This is west houston's best kept secret!

Posted March 27, 2008

My child started at Ashford in first grade after attending school in Spring Branch. I had heard from other parents how wonderful Ashford was and I am so glad we decided to put our there. The GT program is great and the teachers and administration provide the children with a nurturing learning environment that is second to none. I am excited that our other children will get to go there as well.

Posted March 3, 2006

My husband and I researched and visited every private school in West Houston.We decided to give our neighborhood school a try and am I glad we gave it a chance.We signed our child up for the Excel and Sites testing and were excepted.Our child is learning at a very fast pace and doing well. The teachers and the parents make this school. Great little community. I have met so many neat families due to the school that I may not of ever been able to meet if my child was in private school.

Posted April 26, 2004

The school is now PreK-grade 2 as of 2002-3 school year. We have been very impressed with the caring nature of all faculty and their willingness to see children as unique individuals. I have highly reccomended this school to others considering local private schools. Their Gifted/Talented and Special Ed areas are particularly outstanding. It is possible that we have been blessed with the best teachers that they have and regular classes may not be as good. Great administration including. Everyone is very nice.

Posted April 14, 2004

My children have been attending Ashford since 2002. All I can say is the staff is excellent. My children love all the teachers they have had. They are so caring and warm. Everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. I just wish all schools were of such high excellence.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "Recognized".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "Academically Acceptable".

Asian or Pacific Islander 6% 4%

• VALARIE SIKES
Fax number
  • (713) 368-2123

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now