Houston, TX

Posted September 08, 2014
I am the mother of a kindergartener and really happy to put my daughter in the school.Great teacher,all rounded curriculum and balanced involvement is what I got.I am really lucky to get onto it's vanguard program.

Askew Elementary School 2

Posted July 15, 2014
Very Good 'Vanguard' program - however, the non-vanguard program lacks academic rigor. If my child was not in the vanguard magnet I would not send them there. In addition, the lack of leadership, involvement, and an over-all unapproachable principal who allows security and cleanliness to fall below the waist-side speaks volumes.

Posted April 02, 2014
The teacher's are very supportive to the kids. And personally i believe that to groom and prepare a kid for future, the very basic foundation is layed by the teachers. The Askew teachers challenge the kids with every day activities and bring out the potential and make the child aware of his strength and build confidence in him. I would request the teachers to provide their support and impart positive energy to the kids. Thanks from all the parents.

Askew Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2013
A school plays a very important role in the life of a child..especially a beginner. It is the kind of encouragement or discouragement provided at school, and the support extended by the teacher, that will change the attitude towards life. All that a kid needs is boost his confidence to make him feel that he is capable to do anything and every thing, a good differentiation of what is good and what is bad, develop empathy for his peers. The learning has to start with a good perception towards life. Without all these, does it make sense to be able to read a sentence or book at the age of reading the alphabets or do the big math and read about the globe when the kids is not aware how to help the fellow in trouble.

Askew Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
HORRIBLE SCHOOL. Just horrible. I don't even need to explain. I really don't. So horrible. I just can't say it in words.

Posted November 02, 2012
ASKEW IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL. THIS IS MY SON'S SECOND YEAR HERE AND THEY ARE WONDERFUL. THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT WITH THE STUDENTS AND ANY OF THE STAFF THAT I'VE COME IN CONTACT WITH ARE THE BEST. ID RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANY PARENT WHO WANTS THEIR CHILD TO GET QUALITY EDUCATION AND FUN EXPERIENCES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. THEIR VANGARD PROGRAM IS AWESOME AS WELL.

Posted April 28, 2011
This is our daughter's first year at Askew Elementary and so far it has been excellent. We had just moved back into the neighborhood and hadn't heard of Jewel Askew Elementary. Mom's first impression after enrollment was wow, the Principal knew our daughter's name in the early beginning of the school year. Mom had to call Dad immediately. Dad & Mom met our daughter's teacher and since the year began she has been awesome in EVERY aspect that we NEEDED her to be. The only diappointing thing was Askew's Vanguard Program. Our daughter has a above her peer advantage and no one in that program has aided us with getting our daughter into that program or given us a pointing direction to any of our question. Mid-Year the Director or President of the program quit. This is NOT a GREAT feeling at all. We haven't met the new Principal. Our compliments go out to the former Principal, who is NO LONGER there. One more thing Parent Involvement is the BEST I've ever seen here.

Posted February 02, 2010

Posted December 08, 2009
Both of my children are in the Vanguard program and have been there since Kindergarten. My oldest is now in 5th grade. We have been very happy at Askew, especially with the quality of the teachers and staff. Mr. Abraham, the principal is wonderful. There are several after school activities to choose from if your child is in the Vanguard program. There is a very strong PTO and lots of opportunities to get involved.

Askew Elementary School 0

Posted November 24, 2009
I've had 2 children go through the Vanguard program and it is top-notch. They both have gone on to private schools and are leaps and bounds ahead of their classmates thanks to Askew!

Askew Elementary School
11200 Wood Lodge Drive, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified Askew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Askew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top