Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Es la peor escuela que he conocido....horrible...un desorden tanto en la entrada como a la salida de clases....sueltan a los niños como manadas sin control, se han salido niños de pre kinder de la escuela y los han encontrado en las afueras de la escuela Y NADIE HACE NADA....se tapan unos con otros....ESTA ESCUELA ES LO PEOR.....

I would give this school 5 starts if not for the Administrative Staff and the Office Staff. The teachers are awesome!!! The curriculum is very good and we have been very happy. The Office Staff on the other hand are Clueless, Unfriendly and Incompetent. The receptionist really needs a lesson in curtsy. This is the same towards children and parents alike. The nurse is rarely available and if one person is missing the rest of them have no idea how to help you. The School used to have a much better atmosphere. There is not coordination between events. I am disappointed with where the school as a whole is heading.

I am the mother of a kindergartener and really happy to put my daughter in the school.Great teacher,all rounded curriculum and balanced involvement is what I got.I am really lucky to get onto it's vanguard program.

Very Good 'Vanguard' program - however, the non-vanguard program lacks academic rigor. If my child was not in the vanguard magnet I would not send them there. In addition, the lack of leadership, involvement, and an over-all unapproachable principal who allows security and cleanliness to fall below the waist-side speaks volumes.

The teacher's are very supportive to the kids. And personally i believe that to groom and prepare a kid for future, the very basic foundation is layed by the teachers. The Askew teachers challenge the kids with every day activities and bring out the potential and make the child aware of his strength and build confidence in him. I would request the teachers to provide their support and impart positive energy to the kids. Thanks from all the parents.

A school plays a very important role in the life of a child..especially a beginner. It is the kind of encouragement or discouragement provided at school, and the support extended by the teacher, that will change the attitude towards life. All that a kid needs is boost his confidence to make him feel that he is capable to do anything and every thing, a good differentiation of what is good and what is bad, develop empathy for his peers. The learning has to start with a good perception towards life. Without all these, does it make sense to be able to read a sentence or book at the age of reading the alphabets or do the big math and read about the globe when the kids is not aware how to help the fellow in trouble.

My daugter goes to Askew Elementary school. She is in Kindergarten. The Vangaurd program is too good. I first applied for T.H. Rogers. Though my kid got 92% she did not make it through the lottery for T.H.Rogers. I do not regret. She learnt a lot from Ms.Johson. Her reading and writing skills improved so much; her math and social skills improved as well. I decided to continue my kid in this school for the coming year as well. They do have extra classes for additional cost like Drama kids, French, Karate etc which is good too. I would highly recommend this vangaurd school because of the highly skilled teachers and good curriculum.

HORRIBLE SCHOOL. Just horrible. I don't even need to explain. I really don't. So horrible. I just can't say it in words.

ASKEW IS AN AMAZING SCHOOL. THIS IS MY SON'S SECOND YEAR HERE AND THEY ARE WONDERFUL. THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT WITH THE STUDENTS AND ANY OF THE STAFF THAT I'VE COME IN CONTACT WITH ARE THE BEST. ID RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANY PARENT WHO WANTS THEIR CHILD TO GET QUALITY EDUCATION AND FUN EXPERIENCES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR. THEIR VANGARD PROGRAM IS AWESOME AS WELL.

This is our daughter's first year at Askew Elementary and so far it has been excellent. We had just moved back into the neighborhood and hadn't heard of Jewel Askew Elementary. Mom's first impression after enrollment was wow, the Principal knew our daughter's name in the early beginning of the school year. Mom had to call Dad immediately. Dad & Mom met our daughter's teacher and since the year began she has been awesome in EVERY aspect that we NEEDED her to be. The only diappointing thing was Askew's Vanguard Program. Our daughter has a above her peer advantage and no one in that program has aided us with getting our daughter into that program or given us a pointing direction to any of our question. Mid-Year the Director or President of the program quit. This is NOT a GREAT feeling at all. We haven't met the new Principal. Our compliments go out to the former Principal, who is NO LONGER there. One more thing Parent Involvement is the BEST I've ever seen here.

Last modified Askew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.