Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 29, 2015
encouraging, listen to the students, sure let the students know that they are there to teach and help and value their efforts

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 29, 2015
just the right amount of homework, my child's 2nd grade teacher advice them to remember to complete it. and that if they need help with something, to let their parents or her know, because homework it's very important, shes a great teacher.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
my child already talks about the next grade and how well he is going to do in his grades. he makes plans about his perfect attendance. he says his teacher tells the students they will have a great future because they work hard and are very smart.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
students are respected and this develop respect in the students. my child feels confident at this school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
for what my son tells me, the teachers and the students get along well, students build a good self esteem, teachers and staff show care for students, NO BULLYING,

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 29, 2015
yes my child feels welcome, appreciated for his effort and safe, he tells me that teachers and staff and the principal, have a good communication with the students, and are kind and caring to students

Barrick Elementary School 5

Posted May 29, 2015
as soon as you enter the school you feel the good environment, and you feel welcome. staff very helpful. all very professional, and attend the students and parents with respect and kindness. maybe with one exception. but you feel confident that that your child is in good hands. teachers are great and work hard with the students for an excellent education, my child speak great of the teachers and staff, and mainly the principal. at this school, children are appreciated for their efforts and hard work. we are very happy with this school, because if my child it's happy and feels safe that makes me happy and tells me that he have a good future. esta escuela nos hace sentir bienvenidos, la directora, los empleados y maestros muy amables y profesionales con los padres y con los estudiantes. mi hijo habla muy bien de los maestros, que ponen mucho esfuerzo para que los ninos aprendan, menciona que los estudiantes son tratados amables. y esta contento y se siente seguro y valorado, y si el esta feliz yo tambien, esto lo invita a confiar en su futuro.

Barrick Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
This School not only caters to just the Hispanic students they strong armed me in to putting my son on medication only to attempt to call cps on my wife and I for spanking our child in addition the teachers send the kids home with homework with no prior instruction they are implementing common core curriculum even though they say the are not it makes me sick to my stomach the principle is fake as can be and the teachers are lazy when my daughter was falling behind in her grades they forced us to put her in an after school tutoring program and her grades continued to fall when I asked my daughter what she does in tutorials she said "homework" when I asked what else they taught her she told me "nothing" this school is a joke if I could afford to send my children anywhere else I would Ps half day wed *smdh fools

Barrick Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2012
We are zoned to this school and I've had 6 children there so far. My youngest is supposed to start pre-k next year but sadly, I think she'll learn more at home. The principal is so fake its unbelievable. I don't understand how other parents don't see it when she baby talks to the students. I did PTO for 2 years and finally gave up. There are a group of Spanish speaking mothers running the show. All PTO meetings are in Spanish and there's no opposing to ant of their ideas or them taking any of your ideas in consideration because they all stick together. When they have events, none of them speak English and it's hard for my children to communicate w/them. The staff is constantly changing. Every year at least 20 teachers leave and are replaced. A lot of excellent teachers have taught at that school; problem is, they all leave. Such a sad situation.

Barrick Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
My children have all gone to this school and sadly I still have one left. I would like to take her out, but she has friends and doesn't want to leave. This school is not a good school. The teachers always appear miserable and I can't blame them because the times that I have had to deal with the office, principal or any other "administrator" it has been unpleasent. They are rude, snotty and they NEVER know what is going on. They are NEVER organized or prepared and they act as if they are better than us (the parents). It's very frustrating and I dread every time I have to go to the office or speak to the principal, because I always leave with a bad taste in my mouth. DONT send your child here!!!!!!!!!!!

12001 Winfrey Lane, Houston, TX  77076
Last modified Barrick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.