Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 29, 2015
Teachers are absent constantly. as i mentioned, the teachers seem to be more absent than the students. papers sent home come with spelling errors in words written by "teachers"

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 29, 2015
the home work it is too much, but in my case my child is hardworking, and i help by teaching him what i can, and we also search to learn; but the teachers don't pay attention to students hard work. students not getting rewarded with a kind word, a good complement to motivate them, for their hard work.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
Teachers are constantly absent, Not Stable at all! new Substitutes constantly. no good example of consistence and determination. teachers have more absences than the students

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
Compassion? Caring? in this Burbank Elementary School in Houston? no way! specially not my child's second grade teacher. he never care that my child had special needs he said because my child was too smart he didn't have special needs. Teachers are very rude no manners at all very unprofessional, a third grade teacher uses words like cr.p in her classroom; another 3rd grade teacher instead of showing support to a student in need she criticized her, and disliked that i wasn't supportive of her comments to lower the student's self esteem.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 29, 2015
bullying and magnet students are ignored if complaint of been physically or verbally assaulted by bullies, my child's teacher lower his self esteem on daily basis, and made sure that other kids were not friends with him, my son was afraid to be honest and speak the truth.

Burbank Elementary School 1

Posted March 11, 2014
This school is horrible. I was forced to withdraw my kids from this school because the principal and his staff offered no other solution to my problem. I was truly scared to send my children here. I was assaulted on school grounds. I was trying to let my kids finish out the school year. I knew my kid's would not be returning to this school. Most of the teacher's are wonderful some need to go back to school and learn how to handle kids with disabilities. The Assistant Principal and the Principal are very fake and want you to believe they care about the well being of the kids but they really don't. They play mind games with you. The A.P. asked me what do I want them to do. I told him he should be offering me a solution not asking me for one. I cried for days after my kids were basically kicked out. I cried because I feel like myself and my kid's paid the price for an ignorant Teacher. She got away with treating my child (with a disability) like trash.

Burbank Elementary School 5

Posted August 24, 2005
I think this school is great in everything and anything it does for the good education of our kids. However, there's one and only one little problem(to me) that I believe needs some attetion from a few of us parents regarding the traffic we make while we pick up our kids at Bauman St. entrance.

216 Tidwell Road, Houston, TX  77022
Last modified Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.