Bad
Good

If I could give this school negative stars it would receive a -1. My son has been at Burrus since 1st grade and he is now in the fourth. Every single teacher he has had has not been proficient. This year alone he's had 3 different teachers before half of the year was up! Progress isn't reported in a timely fashion, administration does not respond to either email or phone calls unless you continuously harass them, the magnet program is a joke, and they are still living off of scores and achievements of years past. Just the other day my son came home with a gash and several cuts from being pushed into a window by another student and neither of his parents were notified. We had to find out upon him returning home bloody. Nothing is being done about consistent bullying to him. I can go on and on. This school is beyond horrible and we are removing our child this year. We just hope that the damage they've done can be reversed quickly. I sincerely hope that the district comes in and make serious personnel changes.

Burrus worked one on one with me and my son. I'm a single mom , any extra help is needed .The staff were more like family. Even giving kids clothes , when walfare can't help. One year someone donated Nike shoes for christmas.

This information is outdated, Burrus is a preK-5th grade school with a "D" rating from the state. Test scores listed here aren't current- please post current information for parents.

Burrus is a very good school. The principal is hands on and always visible. He knows the parents, students and has managed to build a positive relationship with the stakeholders in the community. Although, Burrus is a great school there is always room for improvement. There is a need for improvement with parent involvement and teacher instruction. Teachers should be encouraged to be more hands on and less lectures. If these small changes were to take place a big impact would be made. Burrus would not be a Great School but a model school of Excellence. I will continue to send my children to Burrus with no hesitation.

I really like this school and I believe the school really focuses on the students education. I go out of my way to take my boys to Burrus

Last modified Burrus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.