Posted November 26, 2014
Crockett is a wonderful school but we need to get rid of Common Core. Just good old fashion math is best.

Posted June 04, 2014
My granddaughter attends this school. I'm so impressed with her academics and the fine arts she takes at school. She is becoming a great artist and knows so much science. She is only in first grade, but by her vocabulary she sounds like a fourth grader. I'm impressed with this school. This is the best kept secret in this part of town. Thanks Crockett, keep the good work, our children deserve it! Ps. Summer enrichment camps are priceless, they are doing hands on science for engineering, experiments, math for the real world and of course fine arts! The best, I tell you!

Posted June 03, 2014
My daughter is an outgoing 5th grader and she is terribly sad to leave Crockett. She spent 3 years here and we both love love love the school! I am so proud of the young lady she became and I owe so much to her caring teachers! I cannot wait for my son to begin Pre K coming this fall!

Posted November 12, 2013
I would like to comment about Crockett Elementary! I think this is a great school! My daughter just loves this school and she loves the teachers, too! She is involved in so many of the arts and thrives in all of them. Her academics are also excellent! I would highly recommend this school! It is proven research that your child that is involved in the arts will also be successful in academics! A great school right in the heart of Houston! You can't ask for a better location! I read the negative comments that have been written and am saddened to hear about their bad experiences. I guarantee those are isolated cases.

Crockett Elementary School 1

Posted October 10, 2013
This school is terrible, I would not recommend this campus to anyone! They are very unorganized, what I mean by this: the staff and teacher do not EVER know what is going on. You also have the librarian taking care of matters that the principle or assistant principle should be. This school was highly recommended to me, I was very disappointed.

Crockett Elementary School 1

Posted April 19, 2013
This school is terrible. Mainly administration outside of the front office, Ms. Taylor, and Ms. Alvarado. No discipline from the principal, and I can tell by the morale that the staff are poorly treated. No counselor, no consistent help from a special education specialist outside of a Gen. Spec. Ed. teacher, and the classes are crowed. Some classes have like 28 students. How can the teacher be effective. The bigger classes have all kinds of student problems. Poor teachers, they can't teach the students because of all the student behavior. Never mind about phone calls be returned by administration.

Crockett Elementary School 2

Posted May 18, 2012
I am totally disappointed and upset with this school has improved in the field of infrastructure, materials for music, chorus, etc. .. But I want to mention that they do what they want in that school. They sell things without telling the children during the classroom as chips, candy, school supplies, as lapicez to 1 dollar each, nearly $ 3 sharpeners, erasers a3 or 2 dollars every one ... And I'm not making this up,, actually doing this happens .... Also sell used items for children, not knowing .. parents and children spend their tips your parents give in things used .. I'm not agree with that, parents and find out what happens inside ... It's totally a scandal, and talk to the teacher of my son because my son will not go to school and I have no other choice in school change because that is near me ... But the teacher yell all the time until try to stupid children ... I mention this because my son I mention it because there is not any respect and attention to children ... please! where I can complain about all this ..? is something you have to stop, since e talked to the director, and nothing changes ...

Posted March 27, 2012
Would you recommend this school for my daughter? We are moving back to Houston after 4 years of living in Mexico. We need a school with a good ESL program, please help.

Posted October 01, 2011
Crockett Elementary has provided a quality education for the past three years for my daughter. Not only does she receive excellent academic training, she is also taking violin and dance lessons at no additional cost. The expansion and renovation of the school is remarkable. The environment that the children work and play in now accurately reflects the quality of education that the children receive there. HISD is fortunate to have such a school included in their district. Additionally, any problems or issues that have come up during the past 3 years have been addressed and resovled in a timely manner. Many thanks to the administration, teachers and staff for sustaining an an academic environment where true creativity in every discipline takes place!

Posted February 11, 2011
I loved going to Crockett! It was super fun, even if it was only for Pre-K and 1st grade. But i still remember my 1st grade teacher, and she had a hamster. I had no idea the principal still worked there, but she was nice and i loved her. I totally recommend this school! The music classes are great! I used to play violin! All i did though was "Mississippi, Stop, Stop" Over and over again, but then another music teacher tried to teach me piano! And i still think Crockett was the best place to be, we had fun field trips. I had a bunch of friends, and i was super sad when we moved! But still, i love Crockett!

Crockett Elementary School
2112 Crockett Street, Houston, TX  77007
Last modified Crockett Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crockett Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top