Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,129

Dowling Middle School 3

Posted April 19, 2010
I think dowling ms is a great school its just the children their because they have no self disapline they all are just messy and talk trash the teachers are fine becuase they dont work to watch your child they to teach them

Dowling Middle School 3

Posted April 13, 2010
I feel that Dowling is a great school(even though i am just a sixth grader) but it needs more discipline.When i say more discipline i mean that they need to step their game up because all they want to do is send kids away.They should try to help the kids to do better.The school needs major repairs and some teachers need to get fired and replaced.Other than that Dowling Middle School,my school,is fine.

Posted April 12, 2010
As a parent and a teacher I feel it is very unsatisfactory. It is disorganized. The administration is unhelpful and doesn't care about the students. The only thing that fuels adminstration is TAKS scores, which equals money. The behavior problems are ridiculous. Teen pregnancy is also a problem. I had never seen so many students pregnant in a middle school. Teachers just give grades!! My son is horrible in math but yet recieved A's in math class. After a meeting with his teacher I was told, 'I have 160 students. I don't have time to grade all 160 papers. If they turn it in then I give them an 'A'.' Of course he failed Math TAKS. I tutored him myself and he passed on the second try. I would have worked with him earlier but his A's lead me to think things were great.

Posted March 23, 2010
i hate dowling im a 8th grader there and the teachers are outstanding but the students are not they are ghetto,bad,and act like they have no common sence the school is poor and if we dont do good on taks this year the children next year will have school year-round :-(..but my personal oppinion is that next year dowling will be having year-round school i am going to try my best to pass the taks and hope and pray that i pass...but this is a good school if they sont some kids to C.E.P ..and the school needs some major repairs (real bad) so i give this school a 2 out of 5...sorry dowling ily all my friends

Posted February 18, 2010
The adminstration at the school is very unhelpful and the school very disorganzied .This is the second year they have lost my child Dr.physical they are so disorganized.

Posted August 03, 2009

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted June 12, 2009
i think this school is unacceptable and every since my son started attending there i have always had a problem

Dowling Middle School 5

Posted October 15, 2008
I love this school, and the kids. The administration really cares about what happens with these kids.

Dowling Middle School 5

Posted July 25, 2008

Dowling Middle School
14000 Stancliff Street, Houston, TX  77045
Last modified Dowling Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dowling Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top