Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school is just normal,not very good,not very bad.On the first day of school which was also registration day for us they made a lot of people wait a very long time in the cafeteria. School is not organized well. The worst thing I hate is the teachers do not have any dress code. I felt so bad seeing the teachers in a very short and sleeveless dresses. Why do not the school authority require them dress modestly,because it is a school,not a grocery store,students come there to learn something ,not to watch their model teachers. I want the school stuff to answer my review about this problem.

Excellent, with new management, better every day, for the benefit of learning, discipline and safety of children's. The academic staff were prepared in summary have been the best and highly qualified young and have come renewed energy. The results of this praiseworthy task I see daily in my son and I think it is the goal of every parent. Congratulations to all staff.

This school is so UNORGANIZED! We registered our daughter weeks before school started and when we got to the school on the first day they hadn't even assigned classrooms to over 100 students. The first day of school is suppose to be exciting for a 7 year old and she was very disappointed. We withdrew her from Emerson on the first day of school.

All we can say is wow! The faculty and administration is amazing. We moved into the area last year from west Texas and initially were not too enthusiastic that our son was going to be attending Emerson after seeing the school rating. After finishing third grade we were so impressed by the curriculum and the fact that the principal would stop us on a regular basis to check to see how things were going. The parent involvement is extremely low and be prepared for the diversity of the student population (it was a blessing as our son was able to learn about different backgrounds).

School is unorganized and negative, overall. Gossip is the norm, but much more compared to other schools, public and private. Restraining techniques and yelling are used to "correct" behavior. One of the most negative environments I have been in.

This school has some excellent teachers and others are not so good, that is the reason why some teachers are going out and coming in. It is going to be a good school.

The principal, Dr. Alex S. Rodriguez, at this school is a tyrant and disrespectful man. He treats staff like they are his wardens, and tries to run the school with the culture of a prison, run on fear and intimidation. The children suffer because of this. It is not uncommon to hear teachers shouting at students for minor misbehavior. Do not send your child here.

The director is an Excellent Professional and worked hard, but he goes garnering results, continue there good teachers and young people have joined with enthusiasm and knowledge, has raised the level of professionals, besides trying to re-educate parents road discipline and avoiding any incidents outside the school during peak hours. Congratulations.

I've have had my son at this school for three years now. It continues to get worse and worse. Last night I got a letter concerning the resignation of my son's teacher. This will be the second resignation for his class since August. (It's January 5th.) I will be pulling my son and transferring him ASAP. In addition, a year ago, I was standing outside the school with my son waiting for the bell so the students could enter the building. A child starting picking on another child and eventually was kicking and wailing on the smaller one. I continued to tell them to stop and yell while parents around me just watched what was going on. I couldn't believe I was the only to take action. It takes a community to raise a child.... this is not the community I wish to raise my child. Think twice before enrolling your child at Emerson.

Stay away from this school! I called to see what I needed just to get my daughter enrolled and the first lady did not know what I needed and the next lady spoke to me with an attitude and was very rude ,I could not believe how rude she was, I had already been warned about this school being ghetto the staff being rude and unorganized by a parent that had her kid n this school and a former teacher.That was enough for me to know that I DO NOT want my kid at that school! (I don't believe some of the good reviews about this school being great they must have been made up)

Last modified Emerson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.