Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Posted October 14, 2015
I am a parent and I can honestly say that this school is by far the worst I've dealt with. I have an 8th grader that goes there. The Principal and the Assistant Principal are extremely rude and disrespectful to parents. They treat the kids like they are nothing. They belittle and talk down to them. I had a situation where my child was bullied. Instead of caring about the best interest of my child, they were more concerned with the fact that she broke the cell phone policy by calling me when she was crying in the bathroom, so they confiscated her phone, then charged me $15 to get it back. These people are in the wrong profession. They need to be fired, and a new administration needs to turn that place around because Ms. Lewis is running that place like a juvenile detention center. Do not send your kids there! Their magnet program is a joke.

Fondren Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 14, 2015
The staff cannot teach something they lack themselves. This is an issue from the top down.

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter started 7th grade here, and just from the meet &greet and enrollment as well as the first day of school I am so disappointed. This has been a horrific experience!!! The staff is unhelpful, rude, and does not communicate with parents at all!!! For some reason the children involved in the Magnet program are more important then the students zoned in the area, and they misplaced paperwork and, my child sat for 5 hours freezing waiting for them to activate her, and get her a schedule and off to class. I pray this gets better or the school will be meeting with two very angry parents.

Posted August 11, 2013
I worked here for the 2012-13 school year and I will have to say that this was the worst teaching experience I've ever had in my professional career. There are some good kids at Fondren but they are a minority mixed in with kids who have huge discipline problems. There was a high turn over rate with staff and teachers (the principal left as well). The principal also did not show support for many school activities and rarely showed their presence around the school as well. The 6th graders were awesome but the 7th and 8th grade needs a lot of work with major discipline issues. I would HIGHLY recommend entering this school as an HOURLY teacher before signing a contract. I was very relieved when I left this school. Good luck to the few teachers who remained there and the new principal.

Posted July 06, 2013
I love working at Fondren Middle School. The kids are not bad kids they just want someone to listen. I have been there 3 yr and the staff is great. Those that complain about it being a bad school should step up and be more active in the students lives. Until you are on the inside you have no clue what it takes to work there.

Posted October 10, 2011
Fondren is one best middle school I have personally seen, I am a former student and did really good academically. I do believe the school is not the probem but rather the attitude of the lazy students and parents that are unwilling to contribute but complain much. Every school has problems, even "good" schools, I meet students who have attended great schools and hate the art of studying or of actually doing their work. I have recieved much support from staff and teachers in Fondren. I still keep in touch with former teachers and receive the same asisstance and help with my high school work. This is a great school, people just need the will to better themselves.

Posted July 22, 2010
Pathetic school , they should burn it down , Bad academic and everything, The food is terrible, There's too many fights in the school and gang related issues.

Posted April 13, 2010
This middle school is terrible. I graduated in class of '06 and this school has a very violent atmosphere. 90% of the students are not in magnet. The school has one small hallway where are all the students who actually seek a higher education are taught. The magnet teachers are only satisfactory, not superb but enough to help you pass TAKS. The students outside of the magnet area are violent and are only looking for a good time and not a good education. If you want your child to seek an education in a safe atmosphere, look elsewhere!

Posted August 13, 2009
Fondren is the best school. If your kid goes here they will be happy. The princpal Mrs.Rangel is the best. To get your kid registerd go to the auditorium located on you left the door before the other door. Sometimes we have little contest.Like 6th, 7th,and 8th grade compete to see who can be the best grade I just got out of the 6th grade so this year I will be going to the 7th. Also we have a P.E class and electives like: Dance, Art, Karate, Computer, and more. Thank you for reading. Love, Student of fondren MS home of the mighty mustangs http://www.fondrenmiddleschool.com/

Posted February 13, 2009
Fondren is a excellent school and how would I know this is because im a 6th grader that go to that school.Okay it might have its promblems but every school has something wrong with it so please don't fault Fondren for a bad place to send children because Welch Middle School is worser than our school.I love Fondren and I know others that do too.

Fondren Middle School
6333 South Braeswood Boulevard, Houston, TX  77096
Last modified Fondren Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fondren Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top