Houston, TX

Garden Villas Elementary School 1

Posted August 31, 2014
I do not recommend this school to anyone, parents can not go to lunch with the students, when the output traffic is a nightmare, and some of the people working are nothing friendly

Posted August 28, 2014
My kids have attended Garden Villas for years. We love the new atmosphere,staff and new look at Garden Villas Elem

Posted January 11, 2013
I attended Garden Villas until 2002, and I would never go anywhere else if I had it to do over again. There are less and less schools that truly care for the students and parents that rely on them- Garden Villas stands above the rest. The music, cheerleading, and dancing programs are excellent, the field trips are great, and the students learn everything they need to become better people in addition to better scholars. I would not be as successful as I am today were it not for this amazing, diverse, loving school.

Garden Villas Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2012
I have worked at GV for 17 years. I have my dream job! We have a beautiful neighborhood, renovated school, new principal and dedicated parents. I sure hope our rating improves, we sure are headed in the right direction!

Garden Villas Elementary School 3

Posted July 10, 2012
I am 33 and this was my elementary school. I'm sure it has changed, but I wanted to add my 2 cents. I can't remember my violin teacher's name, but he was AWESOME. My 3rd grade teacher completely ruined my love for school, though. I can't remember if it was Mrs. Beaty or Mrs. Hobdy, whichever was teaching 3rd in 1987, but I had straight As until the final grading period of the year. My mom asked to review the work, it showed that I had a high 90 average, but she gave me an 89. She told my mother, with me sitting there, that white kids needed to learn that they couldn't always be the best at everything and it was too late to change it. I hope that woman didn't teach much longer.

Posted March 13, 2012
Love this school!! This is my daughter's first year in elementary school. The Pre-K teachers are wonderful!! My daughter immediately fell in love with Ms. Lawler and the other staff there. The magnet teacher are also great! Ms Winn does a great job with the school programs! Because of this school, my daughter has been involved with the Houston Grand Opera as well as nearly all of the programs at this school! We are thankful for the instructors and administration for doing an awesome job!

Posted May 07, 2010
Excellent school, my son has been honor roll all yr.

Garden Villas Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2008

Garden Villas Elementary School 0

Posted February 27, 2008
Great school with very patient teachers to help my child excel in all that he do.

Garden Villas Elementary School 0

Posted February 23, 2008
My daughters attend Garden Villas and I am pleased with the competency of the staff. We have had a positive experience here.

Garden Villas Elementary School
7185 Santa Fe Drive, Houston, TX  77061
Last modified Garden Villas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden Villas Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top