Golfcrest Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2012
Very dissatisfied with the principal they have now I don't like the way she treats kids answers them like they are nobody important. This school has lost so many wonderful teachers and none will hesitate to say its because the way she treats them sad to say. I hear parents complain all the time and its unfortunate because we all loved this school at some point we attended here and so did our family. Hopefully soon there will be a change

Posted November 12, 2011
My name is Mary Cisneros and I am the principal of Golfcrest Elementary. This is my second year at the school. The Golfcrest Staff is extrememly dedicated to providing a safe learning environment for the students. Teachers arrive early, stay late and work on Saturdays and Sundays. Many teachers provide their personal cell phone numbers to ensure parents and students are able to reach them. We have after school programs on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of every week. We also provide Saturday tutorials. I am very proud of my teachers and students. Visit our website or come by the school to see for yourself. I would love to show you around the campus and tell you personlly about the wonderful things going on.

Posted March 10, 2011
My two kids have been in htis school 4yrs and Iam very happy with the out come..I agree that they would only study for the test but this year with the new principle oh my God she is good and my son is doing excelllent in Reading now...I wouldn't change my kids and they do have extra activitites, as a parent we should be part of the school cause together we could make a diffrence in our kids life, its not only the school....LUV 100% this school!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted May 05, 2010
Great school!!!!!! And now exemplary, but it will be better if they hada extracurricular activities like maybe sports music or something else for the extended day students. I wish some day we can get the Magnet Program as well.

Posted June 24, 2009

Golfcrest Elementary School 2

Posted April 04, 2007
I'm very dissatisfied with the learning process at this school.My child is in need of extra help in math and she's not getting it.The only time this school offers tutorial is when Taas or Standford is coming up.I think it's a horrible way to cover up the misteachings throughout the year.There are not many extracurrucular programs available I send my kids elsewhere for something like that.I wish they were offered at their school it would be more convenient for me as a working parent.I do see some parent involvement sometimes they help the children out of the car in the morning or after school but at times there's no one around watching out for their safety either.I never see the principal anymore,it's pretty rare.This school just needs so much help.Please if H.I.S.D see's this review please give them the help they need.After school programs would be great!

Golfcrest Elementary School
7414 Fairway Drive, Houston, TX  77087
Last modified Golfcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golfcrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top