Bad
Good

This school, I mean jaill, has the rudest staff I've ever encountered. Nobody, I mean nobody but a couple cleaning ladies, will ever greet you like a person or not yell at your children. So far nobody I've talk to at the front desk has been able to keep their personal thoughts to themselves. Can't wait to move far away from this.

I enrolled my daughter at this school because I was looking for a new, fresh start for her. She experienced some bullying at her previous school and she had consistent failing grades. My experience with JP Henderson was very positive from the first phone call I made. I called other schools in the general area and most of them were very unwelcoming or even open to hearing my reason for wanting to move her. The staff at JP Henderson were super helpful and I ended up applying and getting her enrolled. We attended meet the teacher and I was instantly convinced I made the right move. Her teacher, Mrs. Rosales, keeps constant communication with me through text! She communicates concerns as well as positive information! Her previous teachers only emailed me to complain so this is very refreshing and wonderful. So far the school has been amazing, through and through. Even the Christmas program was amazing! My daughter came from a fine arts magnet and I have to say, JP Henderson topped their Christmas program by FAR. This school is very traditional and I love it. The staff and teachers genuinely care about the students. Overall, the school is stellar!

"He embarrassed me all the time & made me feel useless but I am not" my son said about Mr. Stripling. Once he went through a moment of anger in front of my son throwing all of his school supplies to the floor and in the garbage just because he was playing with the erasers in the desk and not doing his work. My son didn t tell me until 2 months later when we moved to another state due to my job. So parents be aware. The little stars next to a school s name is not indicative of a good or better school. Ask your kids all the time and make an effort to visit regularly your children s classroom and know their teachers. My son s new teacher told me the problems he is experiencing with him now and we are trying to help him as much as we can. But one thing that called my attention is when the teacher told me referring to JP Henderson I think that they knew your son had this problem but they didn t care .

I totally agree with the review posted on March 5, 2012. I was just driving my child to school this morning talking about how the principal acts more like she is the warden of a prison rather than the principal of an elementary school. I suggest we ban together as concerned parents and make a stand for our children.

Worst school ever! The only good thing about this school is the teachers. Their is nothing knowledgable and nice about the principle and some of the staff their. For the parents that don't know the principle and staff don't have any respect for these kids their not treated like students their treated like prisioners. I know all of this because I have seen it myself. HISD and parents should sit and talk to their kids and conduct a investigation against the principle.

This school doesn't even stand up to my daughters old school. if it had not been for a family emergency we would not be here, and have to endure this horrific experience of this school. Grapevine colleyville isd is the best glad to be going back stand clear of jp henderson

I was a student at JP Henderson when President Kennedy was killed. I even remember when our principal, Mt Perkins lived in the brick house across the street from the school. My sons have attended this school and now I'm proud to admit that I have a granddaughter going to Henderson. this is a fantastic school! A school with teachers and a community that CARE about the children! As the school song says: three cheers for JP Henderson!! Rah! Rah! Rah!

I am a new teacher at JP Henderson and I am extremely pleased to have joined a great staff and principal. With more than 700 students this year, and no assistant principal, this school is doing wonders in terms of discipline, curriculum, and teachers' professional development. The principal is extremely knowledable and kind, and I am very proud of being part of her staff.

I attended this school many years (decades) ago and believe it set the ground work for my education. The current principal has been there for more than 28 years and takes pride in making it an excellent place of learning. My son now attends 1st grade at JP and has been learning so much due to the dedication of all the teachers and their set curriculum. I highly recommend this school.

Last modified Henderson J Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.