Houston, TX

Houston Gardens Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2013
This school is not worth your time, just look at the location it speaks for itself. The TAKS scores have been low at this school for a while so don't believe the hype, and the teachers academics are based around nothing but the TAKS. I know children that have come out of this school and do not know the basics in order to succeed in middle school. There has been so many complaints at HISD admin building regarding this school. My child was in boy scout there and complained how the leader was not watching the troop when another little boy was hurt. I would recommend you try another school this school is known to have a bad reputation. I wish I would had taken heed when I was informed by another parent about this school, I would have never sent them there. I moved them to another school in another district where they are getting the education they need because they were not getting it there.

Houston Gardens Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2008

Houston Gardens Elementary School 0

Posted February 25, 2008
Houston Gardens is a great school. The test scores just need to improve.

Houston Gardens Elementary School 5

Posted April 04, 2005
My review of HoustonGardens Elementary School is that it is a great school academically. I have two grandsons there and they are doing great. The younger one had a terrible time getting started, but now he is doing great because of the work, care and concern of his teacher. He is in Kindergarten. The older one score 40 out of 42 on his TAKS test. He is in the fifth grade. I am very proud of the accomplishments that were made. As far as I know, there are music classes as well as choir there. There has been other extracurricular activities there including Boy/Cub Scouts, Camping, Football, and other things. I have attended a party given to all of the children who made honorroll. The food was provided by the school. I have also attended some programs and other acitvities there that were great.

Houston Gardens Elementary School
6820 Homestead Road, Houston, TX  77028
Last modified Houston Gardens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Houston Gardens Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top