Houston, TX

Posted June 01, 2013
My Grandchildren love this school.They offer after school activities that any child can participate in.I know there are a lot of budget cuts in the school,but I feel they are doing the best they can of providing needed schooling.

Posted March 02, 2013
Kelso is growing into a great school. The principal there is dedicated, and the teachers work hard. This year there has been a focus on differentiated instruction in leadership within the student body. I can see a change in the learning environment

Kelso Elementary School 1

Posted May 29, 2011
worst school ever their is no dismissal time it can be from 3:10 - 3:15. also they have no security that the child will make it safe home my daughter and 2 cousins were follows in a truck while they were walking home, its not the first time this happens. and another thing tutorials is a waist of time my daughter was in her 80 and drop to 70 .. i don't recommend this school at all.

Posted July 22, 2009

Kelso Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2009
I am a parent and I have found a considerable difference in the school. They have made a big effort to provide our kids with more extra-curricular activities. My child has been tutored and his grades have went up considerably. His teacher is very kind and keeps me up to date on his development. So I think they are really making a step in the right direction.

Kelso Elementary School 0

Posted December 29, 2007
This school is horrible! I don't know why anybody would want to send their child to this school. It is not taken care of and the faculty and staff are rude.

Kelso Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2007
this is not a great school. my son hasn't learned a thing more than he knew before he started. his grades have dropped. i go over his homework with him every day. so i decided to go talk to his teacher. i found that she doesn't check their homework. instead she lets the kids check it. and she doesn't record their grades until like two weeks later. so i asked her how can i help him if i dont know what his performance is at the present time instead of finding out two weeks later. she said thats how she has been teaching for the past few years. she also told me that thats her classroom and not mine. therefore, my son will not attend this school next year. teacher quality is not good or professional.

Kelso Elementary School 2

Posted October 02, 2006
Staff is only interested in doing the minimal amount acceptable by law and doesn't even accomplish that at time. We had a poor experience here and removed our child for that reason.

Kelso Elementary School 3

Posted February 07, 2006
I would not reccommend Kelso elementary as a great school. The staff can be very rude and unproffesional at times. There needs to be major improvement in this area.

Kelso Elementary School
5800 Southmund Street, Houston, TX  77033
Last modified Kelso Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelso Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top