Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 1,359

Posted January 24, 2015
My son started going here in 2012, at first i was not impressed with the school at all. The school looked very out of shape and worn, along with children that behaved like juveniles. Over the years, I found the school was working for the better to improve the school. You can tell by how the the students were acting and how drastically the demographics were changing. This year, attending a meet the teachers event, I was really impressed and to find that the school was going to be rebuild. In a couple of years this school might actually be worth enrolling your kid in!

Lee High School 2

Posted June 13, 2014
Lee is considered a drop out factory. Poverty stricken kids that struggle just to get by. It's a sad epidemic in HISD.

Posted February 07, 2013
This 5 star rating system can not adequately reflect what Lee HS is. There is no other public high school school with a population like Lee anywhere in Texas and probably any state in the South.Lee doesn't fit under the good school/bad school dichotomy rather it just is. Recent immigrant/Refugee kids come in and out like a revolving door and the teachers do to. There's no better place for a student to be if he/she does not speak English as the curriciulum is geared to this population as well as teacher training. They are accepted with open arms and are taught by dedicated teachers who are there because they want to be there. On the otherhand if the student does not fit these categories Lee should not be your best choice although many students get the education they need to succeed in higher education.There should be some book or documentary made on Lee as it's transformation from what it was in its first 30 yrs. of existance is the diametric opposite of its soul now.

Lee High School 2

Posted February 14, 2012
I am a concerned parent. I am constantly trying to figure out what they are doing. When my child is pulled out of class to do tutoring; she was counted absent in the class periods she missed and did not get credit for those classes. My child has classes with teachers that are not willing to understand how a child learns. It becomes "you will learn it my way or you will be written up for insubordination" REALLY? What kind of teacher are you?

Lee High School 4

Posted March 03, 2010
Lee high school has a lot to offer, the problem still is the lack of discipline in this school. I have to say this is by far one of the better school I've been to. There are teacher there willing to push their student to their potential and challenge them, even tourer and help their student out. The Teacher are an absolute amazing, but it's the student... I have to say about 30% - 40% of their student are serous with their academic. This school offer lots of program for the student to take advantage of for example like an collage counsel, AP, Pre-Ap, Tutor, and many other program for the student to look into. I loved my teachers Mrs. Simmon ( an absolute darling), Mrs. Luckett (whom is strict but in a good way), Mrs. Phillip (whom is funny and cool), Mr. Healie ( An art teacher who is so awesome), Mr. Selivia (a very cool and strict personality), Mr. Johnston (who is always helping you get into college), and many other teacher who interactive with their student.... I love the teachers and my AP class mate and friends..... The teacher is by far the best in this school, it's just a majority of the student in this school is not determine to learn.

Posted October 03, 2007
Has a former Lee High School Student I believe Lee High has a lot to offer. The school has had a really turn around with the small learning communities. I know that if we had the small learning communities wen I was in school I would have definitely change my career goals, because I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to major in. With the small learning communities I believe that Lee is definitely making students college bound. The principal is a real people person, he listens to the students, and I saw him go out of his way to help a lot of them and be their advocate.

Lee High School 3

Posted May 26, 2006
Lee is a very safe school. At other schoools, when something bad happens, it is pushed underneath the rug. At Lee, if there is an incident, the involved students are repremanded. There are no exceptions.

Lee High School 1

Posted May 11, 2006
This is by far one of the worst schools ever! It has been on probation for the past five years with no signs of improvement. I think officials are considering shutting it down. I went to talk to my sister's teachers to ask about her academics; she is failing all grades. The staff is very rude and they ignored me the whole time. The students are all roaming the halls and making out behind the buildings. There is no discipline of any kind. The curriculums are laughable, not even challenging. Don't ever consider this school for any of your children! You can contact me for more appaling details; anything to keep other kids from ending up at this horrid place! Help yourself and your children by going elsewhere for their education, please!

Lee High School 3

Posted May 07, 2006
If any of you have seen the movie 'Stand and Deliver,' that is Lee High School. The students come unprepared and no one believes that they can succeed. However, with the help of the greatest and most devoted teachers around, they do. Kids that never had a chance to go to college are able to. This is a great place.

Lee High School 4

Posted February 12, 2006
My child is doing great ever since we moved to Houston. Wonderful teaching!

Lee High School
6529 Beverly Hill Street, Houston, TX  77057
Last modified Lee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lee High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top