Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

the staff are good it is just the students not all of them but some are gang related and they bring down our school alot

well at first i didnt like the school but then i realized the way the school was trying to change its perspective and i truly am seeing results and there are programs that they offer here at lee than in other schools and personally i dont like the kids but the staff are not bad and im not bad so yes i would recommend you to bring more students here at lee plus we are getting a new school building in 2017

My son started going here in 2012, at first i was not impressed with the school at all. The school looked very out of shape and worn, along with children that behaved like juveniles. Over the years, I found the school was working for the better to improve the school. You can tell by how the the students were acting and how drastically the demographics were changing. This year, attending a meet the teachers event, I was really impressed and to find that the school was going to be rebuild. In a couple of years this school might actually be worth enrolling your kid in!

Lee is considered a drop out factory. Poverty stricken kids that struggle just to get by. It's a sad epidemic in HISD.

This 5 star rating system can not adequately reflect what Lee HS is. There is no other public high school school with a population like Lee anywhere in Texas and probably any state in the South.Lee doesn't fit under the good school/bad school dichotomy rather it just is. Recent immigrant/Refugee kids come in and out like a revolving door and the teachers do to. There's no better place for a student to be if he/she does not speak English as the curriciulum is geared to this population as well as teacher training. They are accepted with open arms and are taught by dedicated teachers who are there because they want to be there. On the otherhand if the student does not fit these categories Lee should not be your best choice although many students get the education they need to succeed in higher education.There should be some book or documentary made on Lee as it's transformation from what it was in its first 30 yrs. of existance is the diametric opposite of its soul now.

I am a concerned parent. I am constantly trying to figure out what they are doing. When my child is pulled out of class to do tutoring; she was counted absent in the class periods she missed and did not get credit for those classes. My child has classes with teachers that are not willing to understand how a child learns. It becomes "you will learn it my way or you will be written up for insubordination" REALLY? What kind of teacher are you?

Lee high school has a lot to offer, the problem still is the lack of discipline in this school. I have to say this is by far one of the better school I've been to. There are teacher there willing to push their student to their potential and challenge them, even tourer and help their student out. The Teacher are an absolute amazing, but it's the student... I have to say about 30% - 40% of their student are serous with their academic. This school offer lots of program for the student to take advantage of for example like an collage counsel, AP, Pre-Ap, Tutor, and many other program for the student to look into. I loved my teachers Mrs. Simmon ( an absolute darling), Mrs. Luckett (whom is strict but in a good way), Mrs. Phillip (whom is funny and cool), Mr. Healie ( An art teacher who is so awesome), Mr. Selivia (a very cool and strict personality), Mr. Johnston (who is always helping you get into college), and many other teacher who interactive with their student.... I love the teachers and my AP class mate and friends..... The teacher is by far the best in this school, it's just a majority of the student in this school is not determine to learn.

Has a former Lee High School Student I believe Lee High has a lot to offer. The school has had a really turn around with the small learning communities. I know that if we had the small learning communities wen I was in school I would have definitely change my career goals, because I would have had a better idea of what I wanted to major in. With the small learning communities I believe that Lee is definitely making students college bound. The principal is a real people person, he listens to the students, and I saw him go out of his way to help a lot of them and be their advocate.

Last modified Lee High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.