Lockhart Elementary School 2

Posted March 01, 2013
I started Lockhart in the Fall. I immediately told staff my child has some learning difficulties. They dragged their feet to start the process for determining eligibility for help. Some minor modifications have been made and some improvements and progression has been made on my child's. behalf. It is MARCH and still no help with eligibility for resource. All the paper work is in and they said my child is going to fail. Even though I did all the paperwork to make my child eligible for help so that my child can be graded on different guidelines. Can you imagine he anger I feel? I have written letter after letter but no help. The bullying is occurring in the classroom and is hurtful to a struggling child. I do not recommend this school.

Lockhart Elementary School 5

Posted September 12, 2012
I LOVE Lockhart, I am a second year parent and appreciate the structure, discipline, and committment they have to the future of the children. Honestly negative responses on this site seem to be petty and geared towards personal opinions. I am focused, as every parent should be on the quality of education received and the fact that ALL my kids are reading (Pre-K, Kinder, 1st grade). As a parent our responsibility is to work equally as hard as the teachers with whom our kids are spending most of their time with. Putting personal agendas and feelings aside we have to appreciate what these teachers have to deal with on an everyday basis (ie. both students and parents). I am not opposed to excellence and I gladly submit to the individuals that sacrifice their time and patience to do for our children what we as parents sometimes don't take time to do. Just my thoughts :)

Lockhart Elementary School 1

Posted June 26, 2011
The year that we spent at Lockhart was abysmal. Very cold demeanor of the principal trickles down to the other staff. We left after one year.

Lockhart Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2011
The teachers give good face and for the most part ARE committed to acad. achievement, however what is lacking is emphasis on whole dev. of the child. Parents will need to provide extracurr. activ. to encourage well-roundedness. If your child is well behaved AND advanced, then they will do fine here. If not, then you must be an engaged with ALL aspects of your child's educ.Don't leave anything to chance!Bullying is common and NOT taken seriously.The kids are not encouraged to speak up when they have problems with others.I have witnessed teachers getting in kid's faces and screaming because they were not in a straight line. Last year, a child was publicly embarrassed, marched to the office, made to write lines, AND a parent was called... for working ahead in class (1st day). I have witnessed teachers, whose lack of exper. (classroom mgmt) did nothing but diminish the morale of students. Lockhart lacks the pos. atmosphere that an elem. school should thrive on. My child does well academically, but does not feel safe, nor in a position to thrive. If you just trust HISD to properly educate your child blindly, then Lockhart is the school for you.

Posted January 07, 2010
Enrolling my son at Lockhart was the best decision. To come from in my opinion a dysfunctional FBISD elemetary school to a school where the prinicpal and the teachers are on one accord is AWESOME! Mrs. Adams excepts nothing less than your very best. She makes me feel welcome whenever she see me or any other parents on the campus. I have never seen this type of parent involvement like what I have witnessed this school year. I appreciate her holding these teachers accountable as well as the students. GO LOCKHART CUBS!

Lockhart Elementary School 5

Posted August 22, 2008
Transferring my son to lockhart elementary was the best thing I have done for my son's education.... All I can say is that ms. Adams has this thing called education down to a fine art. I love lockhart elementary.

Posted August 27, 2007

Posted August 27, 2007
I love this school! It has a modern-flair (with young, vibrant, energetic and creative teachers); yet, traditional (with disciplined and structured learning environments). The staff is very familiar with the students, parents and guardians. This school is exemplary! Elysa Denise Jackson, a proud Lockhart parent

Posted August 17, 2005

Posted August 15, 2005
My daughter went to this school for 3 years and I was very pleased. She was initially enrolled in private school and I took her out. So, I was very pleased with the transition from private to public.

Lockhart Elementary School
3200 Rosedale Street, Houston, TX  77004
(713) 942-1950
Last modified Lockhart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lockhart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top