Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 2,004

Posted September 08, 2014
This school is very bad they have nothing but crips and they stay jumping people in. The students are very disrespectful and the teachers not teaching you anything. If my mother wasnt sick and couldn't drive she told me she would have been took me out that school. Parents pls don't bring your kids in that environment. They really need to close Madison down.

Posted September 03, 2014
As a former graduate i can tell you this is not a good school, and I do not feel like they prepared me for college. The students here are very disrespectful and are extremely disruptive most of the time the teachers can't control them, just wasting time for the kids who want to learn. In order to be able to graduate we have to apply to colleges and and scholarships which is a good thing, but if we don't do it then we can't walk on stage which i find ridiculous, and honestly i think they only makes us do it so the principal can look good. The biggest problems at this school are the students tardys, skipping class, and fights. The administration is not organized at all, and the parents aren't involved. There are some very good programs like JROTC, and a couple of excellent teachers. I would not recommend anyone to send their kids here!!!

Posted June 05, 2013
I am not impressed with Madison nor their professionals. The kids seem to be out of control and there are HPD officers around the school, upon dismissal, to maintain peace. It's sad.

Madison High School 3

Posted November 19, 2012
I love teaching at Madison. The community definitely could use the structure that is offered at Madison. Although we have some bad ratings and their are some schools that are better, we do the best with what we have. I graduated here in 2001, when times were a little different. The staff was caring and it felt like a community effort was put forth to ensure student success. If I could change one thing, it would be the level of community involvement at the school. I teach Algebra, one of the most challenging subject, yet each year I make use of technology, grouping, building repore, stations, and Interactive notebooking to employ to curriculum. I have shown academic growth each year. By the time freshman become juniors, they are at or above grade level for the most part. This is a good school. I mean we do averag 2300 students each year, and most are below grade level.

Madison High School 3

Posted August 16, 2009
im a former student at madison high and i must admit that everything there is below standards and that we have some teachers that sincerly care less about the students but there is a teacher that has been the best teacher i had and his name is Ossie Stubblefield and he is the most amazing teacher.

Posted July 29, 2006
As a graduate of 2004, I believe the school administration is very bad. I agree, before the school can change to better, it needs new administration.In addition, there needs to be more parent involvment.Overall, i rate this school as very poor.

Posted July 29, 2006
I am currently a student at Madison High after being transferred i can clearly see how the school is very poorly coordinated. Students graduate unprepared because they go through their classes unprepared as far as lesson plans,text books and reading books. U get little help as far as college planning.

Posted June 05, 2006
As a former graduate of Madison, I must say that I was ill prepared for the rigors of a college curriculum. I graduated in the top ten of my class and thought that I would do exceptionally well in college, I was mistaken. Although I am doing very well now and made it through college and now getting a graduate degree from a prestigious university, I wish the curriculum would have been more rigorous. It is my hopes that even though the school is majority minority that better teachers/administrators are employed to give the students a better chance to excel after high school. However, I am very greatful for my experiences at Madison because it made me into the person I am today.

Madison High School

Posted January 28, 2006
Very good academic program.

Posted October 15, 2005
There does seem to be a variety of programs and extracurricular activities, however, on the negative side, the kids just received school books. I also attended parent involvement day and there was only a handful of parents that attended. I am getting my kid out as soon as I can.

Madison High School
13719 White Heather Drive, Houston, TX  77045
Last modified Madison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madison High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top