Bad
Good

This school is very bad they have nothing but crips and they stay jumping people in. The students are very disrespectful and the teachers not teaching you anything. If my mother wasnt sick and couldn't drive she told me she would have been took me out that school. Parents pls don't bring your kids in that environment. They really need to close Madison down.

As a former graduate i can tell you this is not a good school, and I do not feel like they prepared me for college. The students here are very disrespectful and are extremely disruptive most of the time the teachers can't control them, just wasting time for the kids who want to learn. In order to be able to graduate we have to apply to colleges and and scholarships which is a good thing, but if we don't do it then we can't walk on stage which i find ridiculous, and honestly i think they only makes us do it so the principal can look good. The biggest problems at this school are the students tardys, skipping class, and fights. The administration is not organized at all, and the parents aren't involved. There are some very good programs like JROTC, and a couple of excellent teachers. I would not recommend anyone to send their kids here!!!

I am not impressed with Madison nor their professionals. The kids seem to be out of control and there are HPD officers around the school, upon dismissal, to maintain peace. It's sad.

I love teaching at Madison. The community definitely could use the structure that is offered at Madison. Although we have some bad ratings and their are some schools that are better, we do the best with what we have. I graduated here in 2001, when times were a little different. The staff was caring and it felt like a community effort was put forth to ensure student success. If I could change one thing, it would be the level of community involvement at the school. I teach Algebra, one of the most challenging subject, yet each year I make use of technology, grouping, building repore, stations, and Interactive notebooking to employ to curriculum. I have shown academic growth each year. By the time freshman become juniors, they are at or above grade level for the most part. This is a good school. I mean we do averag 2300 students each year, and most are below grade level.

im a former student at madison high and i must admit that everything there is below standards and that we have some teachers that sincerly care less about the students but there is a teacher that has been the best teacher i had and his name is Ossie Stubblefield and he is the most amazing teacher.

Last modified Madison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.