Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The principal is insensitive to the needs of the teachers. All to often you can find over 50 students to one teacher this is illegal and done to save money. Not only does he single out students; he also picks on teachers. I would not send my child here. Horrible!

So far so good I have not had any problems with the principal wish I could say the same for the staff he has working for him very disrespectful and ignorant people it's a shame that when you call up there you get hung up on they have attitudes and let's not talk about when you go up there they dont even welcome YOU it's sad YOU want our children to have respect and so on but the trash that works there don't. I feel they are strict a little but it's good just really frustrating when you kick a student out for small things like talking or playing in the hall between class its not to be done but its not so bad to be kicked out for so I Will be contacting the news and if any other parents would like to join please respond thank you

Poor leadership due to principal's lack of sensitivity to cultural diversity. Parents need to know their rights as well as their student's rights. Open the coveer and take a look inside, the inner workings of the school and principal; very racially biased towards Hispanic community and families.

My family is moving to Houston from Westchester County NY and after reading the reviews of the public school system in Houston all I can say is...Does anyone know the name(s) of the private, non-religious schools in the City?

I attend this school also. It is VERY VERY strict. They gave us detention just for not having a belt !! Or for not having your shirt tucked in. Plus, They split up the boys and girls at lunch. At lunch, They only give us like 5 minutes to talk, and if we talk before they give us 5 minutes, they automatically give us detention from 3:15 to 6:30 !! Also, if you dont bring your gym clothes, they automatically give you 2 days of I.S.S (In.School.Suspension).

We were very leary of Marshall when it was time for my son to start 6th grade, but the new principal and their administration have changed the school around. The year before the kids were literally running the school, but after the new principal came in he literally turned the school 110% around. Yes the school is strict, and that is because some of the kids need that structure, because they do not have it at home. So what do they do, they rebel. He has literally made it a safe school from the fighting, gang writing on the walls, to all the bad things happening there. He has incorporated alot of activities for all the kids and their parents, and I believe the kids like this. Believe me it is a changed school, I have seen it with my own eyes. My son enjoys going there now, where he feels safe.

To the parent with the poor review below, there were a ton of problems last year where the students literally ran the school and totally disrespected the administration and teachers and got away with it. The new Administration and the teachers are putting in 110% in your child's education. I'm sorry you don't see that. If you would understand why there is no talking in the lunches, a ton of students talk "trash" fights break loose everywhere, constant bullying. It needs to be handled. The school was one student away from unacceptable last year. Focus on the education...and see the good.

The principal and vice princpal for 8th grade lack the very basic in home training. To the parent who commented about this man. You are being fooled. This man has a napoleon complex. He enjoys the idea of being and educator but doesn't have a clue. Anyone who takes the basic rights of a child to socialize durring noneducational times is just instilling fear in those children. I was in a meeting with the 2 principles in question a representative from LULAC and another guy from HISD about what I am speaking of above. These people were all about trying to make this man out to be Mother Teresa but he's more like an Egyptian Pharaoh. They try to put a spin on it so that it goes the way the leadership there wants it to go want proof. I can provide it to you. I am creating a website dedicated to this problem. To the parent backing this man you can't speak for us all. I am involve in my childrens education an if you don't stand up for your childs your a coward. Everyday in this country we loose more freedoms because people just don't speak up. Just look at what's going on in Egypt.

THIS SCHOOL IS A PIECE OF @!$% THEY GAVE ME IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR TUCKING IN MY SHIRT.

This school is on it's way to improvements! Lucky they have new leadership in the principal and assistant principal roles. Students who are unhappy due to the new strict policy should realize that once you gain the respect from the teachers and principals, you will be able to speak to your friends. GROW UP and LEARN. Parents should also be more involved in their child's studies. I find it difficult to see other parents disrespect the administration team all because they do not like the strict rules. Maybe if they would parent correctly and take an interest, these administrators could concentrate on other areas rather than always discipline.

Last modified Marshall Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.