Houston, TX

Parker Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2014
Parker Elementary was on a path to greatness as a Music Magnet school. in the last two years it has plummeted to the bottom with this new principal who has no understanding of kids (she came from a hs) and definitely not appreciation for the music . In two years there have been a record number or retirees and transfers. Meanwhile the arts programs are being challenged and made 'regular'. Everyone knows you can't be the best with 'regular'. Ms. Frodine, I hope you read these reviews and make a positive change with the schools best interest and not just yours.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 27, 2013
This is my daughter's second year at Parker, she started her 1st grade this year and she loves her school and teachers. I recommend this school to kids that love music, my daughter plays the violin and will start voice lesson's this years.

Parker Elementary School 4

Posted July 25, 2013
we have been at Parker since Kinder and are about to enter 5th grade. Our experience has been wonderful! My son plays violin and sings in the chorus. The experiences he's had in the magnet program have been outstanding! He's more confident & able to see the "big picture" because somebody else( besides his family) has "his back". My son is G/T . Parker's teachers are all G/T certified so it doesnt matter who you get,they will all take your child where they are and "boost" them up even higher. Parker would not function without its parents participation. If you want politics,we have that, but if you just want to sell tickets,help at the book fair or field day, or be homeroom parent, you can do that too. All are welcome. We've hit our "bumps in the road " but everyone from Principal Frodine to the lunchroom lady are open to communication and doing what is best for the child. I would recommend it highly!

Parker Elementary School 2

Posted December 17, 2012
Parker is very questionable if not involved in the music program. They do have a great music program. After their flagship classes though....there is a substantial drop off in academics in the upper grade levels. Go to the PTA meetings and tune into the school a year before enrollment so you as a parent can have a firm understanding of the school. Things always change and you shouldn't make a review based on a review you see online or a talk with the principal. Go the the school and feel it out.

Posted April 03, 2012
TTeachers. Staff are wonderful.... the principal cares about the children... so do the teachers their involvement is great!!!communication. Is wonderful & conferences with parents & involving parents is great as well!!!

Posted March 27, 2012
The teachers are outstanding and the parents are so involved. This is a great school.

Posted February 18, 2011
This is my daughter's first year at Parker. I love all the kinder teachers, they are very experienced, very patient and loving. The new principal has a education PhD, hope he will keep this school academic strong as their music program.

Parker Elementary School 4

Posted January 08, 2010
Overall this is a great public school with good teachers, academics and of course music magnet program. Neither of my children are in the magnet and I think they get the deserved and appropriate attention they need. I have to agree that at least some of staff can be aloof and/or rude, especially the two ladies in the front office. They perform their duties, but they never smile and have very cold personalities.

Parker Elementary School 0

Posted December 18, 2009
I thought that this would become a good experience for my son and myself, however that as been short lived. I find that the classroom is always in total chaos, the staff to be completely rude, if your child is not in magnet which they don't offer for pre-k your not getting the best.

Posted October 05, 2009
The teachers and staff and a wonderful group of caring people and the music program is excellent. My granddaughter is so enthused about everything she does at her new school.

Parker Elementary School
10626 Atwell Drive, Houston, TX  77096
Last modified Parker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top