Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Pershing Middle School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 23, 2015
Ms. Carter-Woods, Ms. and Mrs. Rendon (mother and daughter ), and Mrs. Ford-Castille all made our 6th grade year fantastic. I felt so much more comfortable at the school knowing that my daughter was under their watch. This year, 7th grade, my daughter has Mrs. Harrison for algebra and she is making what is typically a challenging subject quite understandable. All of the above mentioned teachers are very approachable and responsive.

Posted January 23, 2015
I go to this school, and I love it. I came for the fine arts program, and I'm magnet. My art teacher is very good, my dance teacher is extremely experienced with proper skills too. Do not judge a book by its cover. Its diverse and I made wonderful friends unlike in elementary, which wasnt ever diverse... I love the principal, but I think that she should be more strict. Kids get away with too much stuff like petty fights, (which are extremely rare like any other school) dress code, and conduct. I see to many kids loitering, destroying property (in Drama class, the kids always shift the chairs) I just thinks she needs more structure, but I still like Ms.Heckman! I love this school and I think that everyone should come here!

Posted October 08, 2014
Pershing is a great school with a fantastic balance of academics, athletics, and art. Each day my kids get athletics/movement, art, and academics. The teachers are so great. My kids are very very happy there!

Pershing Middle School 1

Posted July 30, 2014
BAD PEOPLE BAC WORDS USING BAD WORD MAKING FUN OG ALL PEOPLE ALOT OF APPROPRIATE THINGS AND THE OFFICE FOR THIS YEAR IS THE WORST THEY ARE SO MEAN AND ALSO DR GALLOWAY EVEN THE TEACHER ARE MEAN

Posted July 08, 2014
PERSHING MIDDLE SCHOOL IS THE BEST BY FAR... they have great academic techniques the teachers are outstanding they have a superior ecosystem and as you can tell from my vocabulary thanks to Mrs.Angela Ford-Castille is very etiquette although i had one controversial problem with one teacher who is now retired THANK GOD over religious remarks and getting detention for it the school is not bad at all great magnet programs and great sports athletic teams i am glad to be going to seventh grade at this wonderful school i highly recommend you send your child to this school

Pershing Middle School 2

Posted May 29, 2014
My child attended Pershing for 6th and 7th grade, 6th grade wasn't too bad due to the fact we were getting adjusted to middle school, but 7th grade has been horrible. We were without a Math teacher from October to January. Im not sure if the teachers are over worked, but it's definitely a hit or miss. You may get a teacher who cares, you may not. I could go on and on but the worst part of the entire year has been the countless fights on campus. The criteria of the students at this school has decreased and it was surprising to hear from my daughter about all of the fights and commotion going on at the school. I firmly believe the principal is disengaged and living in a bubble and has no clue to what takes place in the classrooms. The turn around time for communication between parents and teachers needs huge improvement. We will not be returning for 8th grade. Please do you research.....

Posted January 10, 2014
My child love's Pershing! It is fantastic! My daughter tells me the complaining students are often the ones who would rather not be A.P. or try their best. Unfortunately, there are those who run society and those who follow. If you are a runner, Pershing has one of the best Magnet programs around.

Pershing Middle School 1

Posted November 29, 2013
This school is the worst school I have ever went to. There is only a few good teachers the rest will just sit there doing nothing screaming at us for no apperant reason. There is CONSTANT bullying. The lunches are HORRIBLE. We have the shortest amount of time to get to class! We still have to go upstairs, go to our lockers I mean some of the classes take a running pace to get to on time! The dress code, we can only wear it if it says pershing!? Really!? Thats just a way to get money. We can only wear it if its our color! Why!? We have grade level undershirts, I.D.'s and the hallways to tell us what grade we're in. The homework is crazy!!! Everyday giant packets for homework for nearly every class. This school is what makes me hate going to school. A girl cant hug her best friend because its PDA!!! A girl cant hug a boy even if its her brother because its PDA. No piercings allowed!? Why?! Come on pershing. Stop being so strict. We're teenagers not slaves.

Pershing Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
Great School!! Like at every school, there are always going to be an issue here or there but the good thing is the administration, will help you through it. Also, the coaches are GREAT, they actually coach your child and if your child is not passing they will not play, which should mean a lot to parents because the education should always be first.

Pershing Middle School 4

Posted July 24, 2013
Pershing is a great school. The kids there are amazing,I admit some may be trouble makers or bullies but thats at every school.However,I do not like how if a person hits you first if you hit back you get in trouble too.I think that's unfair. I'm in the gt program and I will leave with 3 credits for high school already, I think that is amazing. I think any kid would be lucky to go to Pershing.I would actually cry when I couldn't go to school.That's how great the school is, I have made friends I will have forever.The fact that Pershing has so many kids also makes everything even more amazing.No school is like it. So, um yea I like Pershing but it is up to you so you should look into Pershing.As a bonus I mean pandas are pretty cute so that helps to.

Pershing Middle School
3838 Blue Bonnet Boulevard, Houston, TX  77025
Last modified Pershing Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.