Petersen Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
The school discriminates against kids who are disabled. They have after school enrichment program. I was told my soon could not participate because he is in Special education by Mr. Ferguson. He also stated attendance is money in a meeting with parent meets priciple I guess to encourage attendance to get more funding for the school. I ask how much funding goes to special eduaction. He told me he will get back to me never heard a word. He avoids parents never has a soulution and passes you on so he want have to deal with it. Not to mention it took me being there a month in a half withdrawing my child to get the correct services. Than enrolling him back and never getting a transfer ARD. Than when I got one we were having a Transfer and Annual ARD at the same time. To all parents stay away from this school this was my childrens first and will be there last poor Administration can care less and no services due to low staff and thats not our problem.

Petersen Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2012
My child has been at petersen for two years now and honestly the school doesnt offer much .Some of the teachers are awesome but the school still lacks. Theres no after school programs, extracurricular activities, hardly any programs during the school year. No magnet or GT program. It just an average school, my child is a child that loves a challenge and its really not given to him there. Next year he will not be at petersen he will be in a vanguard program at another school. The new principal is nice, involved man I just hope that he works to make the school a alot better than it is. Its a good school for a child who's parents just wants their child to JUST go to school and get by.

Petersen Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2012
I am a parent. My daughter has had 3 DIFFERENT Kindergarden teachers this year and its only January.I feel like everyone's heart is in the right place but lack of common sense abounds. I feel like they are trying but have a long way to go,yet. I also feel the rating given by this site was too high. Test scores arent everything.

Petersen Elementary School 4

Posted May 13, 2011
I attended Peterson ELementary as a child and went on to accomplish many things including a graduate degree and am currently working in education public policy. I now have a friend whose kids attend Peterson and have to say that the school has apparently improved significantly after a dismal downfall a few years back. When reading the previous post, please note that the school has come all the way from a nearly 50% failure rate to an 80% passing ... I'd say that's pretty good and is a positive reflection on Administration (aka Principal, Asst. Principal and Teachers). Let's give credit where credit's due. Keep up the good work guys!

Petersen Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2007
I am surprised they call this a school. I feel like this school should be closed. The teachers are so far out of touch with teaching my 2 year old could show them how it is done. The principal should be able to relate to a parent all parents & I just felt like she turned a deaf ear to my concerns about my son's education. The assistant principal tries to help but he has come in on a sad situation. My child will not attend Petersen again. For any parent who cares about education this is not the school for your child.

Petersen Elementary School
14404 Waterloo Drive, Houston, TX  77045
Last modified Petersen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Petersen Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top