Bad
Good

Red is a hidden gem neighborhood school. With a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math magnet program, all the students are exposed to fields and careers that I never even knew about until I was in college. After touring multiple schools, the main curriculum in HISD schools remains the same for every elementary school. What differentiate the schools are the teachers. The Red teachers are fabulous! They know how to differentiate the curriculum for a student s ability. My kids have flourished in this environment and are ahead of grade level. Each year, their scores improve and grow higher and higher which tells me they are truly learning in the classroom. I also love that Red reflects the city of Houston with a diverse population of cultures, races, socio-economic levels and family values. It s a true snapshot of our world. The PTO is growing and supporting the school more each year. The after school care program is also convenient for working parents. Are there negatives? Sure, but what school or work places does not have a negative if you re honest, none.

My son is finishing his 1st year at Red and is a kindergarten student. After being placed into the Vanguard program when he was tested for G/T I was really excited and happy to see his young mind being challenged. His teacher is Ms. Sweeny and I couldn't ask for a better teacher. I can see all the progress in his reading, math and history. He tells me random facts he has learned in class all the time, and it makes me happy to know she's pushing him to do his best at all times.

Red is wonderful and the S.T.E.M. program is getting better every year. I have been a Red parent since 2007 and have been very happy overall. However, parent involvment overall could improve. No school is perfect but Red IS a great choice.

Great neighborhood school. My daughter has been through their Kindergarten and is looking forward to 1st Grade. I'm very impressed with their emphasis on reading. I would highly recommend this school.

Red is a great school. Within in her first year the new principal led the school to the States highest rating. Parents are welcome and encoraged to participate. The school has a wait list of student from around the city. If you don't like the school you should leave and let others on the wait list attend this Great School

My children have been attending Red for four years and I was extremely pleased with the school, however at this point I am ready to pull them out. I am not happy with the new principle, she is a networker and I don't feel the genuine concern for the kids and parents anymore. The parents are no longer allowed to go into the school which creates an environment in which the office staff is rude and condescending. I witnessed one of the office staff being so disrectful to a parent that wanted to carry her daughter's clothes to her classroom for a school camping trip. I couldn't believe that she would speak to her in that manner. Hopefully with the addition of the new assistant principle things will get better. I can see that he has a genuine interest in the children and their well-being.

Red is a fine school. I am impressed with the principal and staff. The magnet program is excellent. I am especially impressed by the computer teacher and newly equipped lab. My child has an educational opportunity that can not be found at many school.

It has been an awesome year at read! Great principal, great teachers, great students! This school is working hard and it shows!

I am extremely happy with the new principal at Red. The whole atmosphere at the school seems much more up beat. The teachers have been and continue to be great. Now that they have a principal to back them I think things will be good.

The new principle, Ms. Randle has made some excellent changes to the school. She is very approachable and has high expectations for her students and her staff.

Last modified Red Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.