Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

River Oaks Elementary School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted November 19, 2015
Big thanks to Mrs.Liner for all you do. She truly care for her students and wants everyone to succeed. Keeps parents involved and informed. Thanks MRS. LINER !

Posted August 03, 2015
The school cherry picks the student from other parts of town. So your kids would be among other good kids. However, the school is under the leadership of a principal with no vision and passion with little kids. You will get a sense how this person is if you have a chance to talk to her.

Posted May 06, 2015
I have to say this school has some good teachers with honesty and integrity any educator should possess. Unfortunately, I am not so sure about the principal. She doesn't strike me as someone with whom I can entrust my child.

River Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2015
My daughter has attended River Oaks Elementary from Kindergarten and is now in 5th grade. We have been through 3 principals, which has been a little rocky. However, my daughter has had excellent teachers who are g/t certified and not burned out. The IB Program is excellent and provides an unusual opportunity for kids to problem solve and think outside the box as well as cultivates values of empathy and creativity. The School encourages Odyssey of the Mind and it's teams often go to State and World. The PTO is active and raises money that it uses to improve the lives of the teachers and students. The school could use a better library and a gymnasium. This is a good school not a perfect one - but a really good one.

Posted April 30, 2014
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this amazing school!!! Most days it is hard believe that this fabulous school is a public school!! It is both warm and academically rigorous at the same time, which is hard to do well (but it is done well here!!!) I am so thankful for the wonderful education my daughter is getting here!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
Teachers are great and facilities are well organized. Most importantly, my son loves River Oaks Elementary school.

Posted January 16, 2014
My child is in their third year at the school. It has a fantastic after school program, supportive pto and parents, with ample security. The teachers are also caring. I have found that the school lacks support for children that may have a learning challenge/sensory disfunction, but is tested as GT. The school administration does not support testing for adhd or Dyslexia and is reluctant to administer testing. Our experience is that it is a hassle and seems like they don't want that statistic associated with them. The principal is not approachable and hides behind email and letters in communication instead of meeting in person. It has been a true disappointment. My child has been negatively affected and I am considering switching schools.

Posted September 14, 2013
I was a student in this school from kindergarten to fourth grade, but unfortunately I had to move to France.. It is the best school ever, with teachers who care. I will never forget this school and hope to come visit one day!

Posted August 27, 2013
This is our 3rd year with ROE. It was great on the first year as we feel the school cares and teachers were great. They pay much attention to each students and sending kids to tutor if any fall behind. However, our 2nd year was not well. Our teacher has a maturnity leave and we have a long term sub, then short term sub and daily sub... After 7 or 8 sub teachers in 2 months, my child really have done nothing. When she asks a question to the sub teacher, she/he has no idea where things are and the question was ignored. These sub teacher really has no interest to teach, rather just pass the day and turn the ball to the next. I would like to see a school putting student's benefit the first and being a parent, it's just sad to see how things falling apart from one year to another. This year, we have a new teacher and we'll see how it goes.

Posted August 04, 2013
The school is a gem among HISD. The current administrative team leaves much to be desired (especially given prior principal who was wonderful), but the teachers are excellent, the parents super involved in a good way, and the kids just plain smart. Great school, but you may bang your head in frustration at times.

River Oaks Elementary School
2008 Kirby Drive, Houston, TX  77019
Last modified River Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top