Houston, TX

Roberts Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2015
We came rushing over to Roberts after reading all of the amazing five-star reviews about the school. We were warned during our home search that the school was simply not as good as it appeared "on paper." I wish we had listened! This is a great school if you are in the US for a couple of years from overseas and work in the med center. Your kids will learn English, make a few international friends and enjoy life while coasting academically. Not a bad deal--unless of course you actually care about the quality of education. If you do, then give the one star reviews another look. They are quite accurate.

Roberts Elementary School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 27, 2015
I am not sure if the school can develop honesty in students as this occurs at home. Most students are honest regardless of what the school does if their parents teach them to be honest.

Posted May 03, 2015
Most of the 5 star ratings are from parents who live in Arabia who are ignorant in my opinion. This school is terrible. I do not know how they get the state ranking. Most of the students are going for tutuion outside the school. It is hyped. The teachers are below average. They do not engage with parents nor give accurate progress of the child when asked. My child did not progress in this school. She did not learn anything new. She is very good in reading, math and science . My child says she does not get attention from the teacher most of the time even when she raises her hand for help. It is over crowded and ratio is bad. Instead of fixing the problem the teachers and the principal are constantly walking around with the policy book. It is a below average school. Not worth it. Good luck.

Posted October 24, 2014
Our child has been at Roberts from Kindergarten through 5th grade, and we couldn't be more satisfied with the outstanding education she's received. The communication from teachers each year was excellent; the principal is committed to maintaining and improving the high level of student academic achievement (despite budget cuts from the Texas legislature); the parent community is diverse and supportive of one another; and the fine arts programs are a delight and thoroughly enjoyed by the children. Roberts' is everything a neighborhood school should be.

Posted October 24, 2014
Our children have been at Roberts Elementary collectively for over eight years now and both have had very good experiences there. We especially appreciate the IB program and the diversity. The principal works tirelessly to keep the standards high, while keeping in mind the safety and overall well being of the children and the staff. This is our last year there and we will miss it tremendously.

Posted October 22, 2014
We've been at Roberts for many years now and have children in several grades. We have been very happy with the instruction at Roberts and the teachers. The Principal has managed cuts to funding and changing HISD policies very well, and she is very clear and focused on the IB/Fine Arts mission of the school. My children have friends whose families come from all over the world, and that diversity at Roberts is one of its strengths. I have found the teachers to be very approachable. I'm not sure how a parent made it through the year without talking to the teachers - there are several times for conferences, both formal and informal. As a parent, you've got be proactive about your child's education. Overall, we've been very pleased with the school. All the surrounding schools are great, but we prefer the IB program at Roberts above all!

Posted September 29, 2014
I also wonder how this school gets a 10. 3rd grade was terrible for my child. Inexperienced, bad teacher and overcrowded classroom. Child went backwards. No communication from school or teacher about child's needs. Not sure what is being taught. Only time she was taught was for standardized testing.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 19, 2014
I will rate in minus. Poor Management. Very Very arrogant front office staff and teachers too.I wonder how it gets a 10 out of 10 rating. No response from principal for parents emails.I do not recommend this school. I recommend Mark Twain and I rate 10 out of 10 to that school. They are very friendly natured staff,kind teachers. Every one respect parents time.
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 19, 2014
great school & staff, my doughter loved her first school in USA, looking forward to enroll my son next year in this school

Posted November 07, 2013
I call for informantion because I have a kid with special needs and who ever take my call was so rude any questions I ask she just said she don't know and cut me off.

Roberts Elementary School
6000 Greenbriar Street, Houston, TX  77030
Last modified Roberts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roberts Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top