Posted October 24, 2014
Our child has been at Roberts from Kindergarten through 5th grade, and we couldn't be more satisfied with the outstanding education she's received. The communication from teachers each year was excellent; the principal is committed to maintaining and improving the high level of student academic achievement (despite budget cuts from the Texas legislature); the parent community is diverse and supportive of one another; and the fine arts programs are a delight and thoroughly enjoyed by the children. Roberts' is everything a neighborhood school should be.

Posted October 24, 2014
Our children have been at Roberts Elementary collectively for over eight years now and both have had very good experiences there. We especially appreciate the IB program and the diversity. The principal works tirelessly to keep the standards high, while keeping in mind the safety and overall well being of the children and the staff. This is our last year there and we will miss it tremendously.

Posted October 22, 2014
We've been at Roberts for many years now and have children in several grades. We have been very happy with the instruction at Roberts and the teachers. The Principal has managed cuts to funding and changing HISD policies very well, and she is very clear and focused on the IB/Fine Arts mission of the school. My children have friends whose families come from all over the world, and that diversity at Roberts is one of its strengths. I have found the teachers to be very approachable. I'm not sure how a parent made it through the year without talking to the teachers - there are several times for conferences, both formal and informal. As a parent, you've got be proactive about your child's education. Overall, we've been very pleased with the school. All the surrounding schools are great, but we prefer the IB program at Roberts above all!

Roberts Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2014
I also wonder how this school gets a 10. 3rd grade was terrible for my child. Inexperienced, bad teacher and overcrowded classroom. Child went backwards. No communication from school or teacher about child's needs. Not sure what is being taught. Only time she was taught was for standardized testing.

Roberts Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2014
I will rate in minus. Poor Management. Very Very arrogant front office staff and teachers too.I wonder how it gets a 10 out of 10 rating. No response from principal for parents emails.I do not recommend this school. I recommend Mark Twain and I rate 10 out of 10 to that school. They are very friendly natured staff,kind teachers. Every one respect parents time.

Posted February 19, 2014
great school & staff, my doughter loved her first school in USA, looking forward to enroll my son next year in this school

Posted October 10, 2013
This is a wonderful school with great fine art and reading program. We are very thankful to the teacher and principal here.

Roberts Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2012
We have been a Roberts family for 7 years - 5 years with an older child and younger one is in 4th grade. Overall Roberts is a good fine arts magnet and very good IB program. The diversity of kids and proximity to medical center/Rice University make it a school attended by kids from highly educated families. In junior years the kid stays largely with the classroom teacher and it is the luck of the draw which teacher you get. We have had some excellent years - 4th & 2nd grades for both my kids were outstanding due to their teachers - some okay and some not-so-good teachers. The Art teacher is outstanding. Music is good. The loss of a spanish teacher has been a negative factor for us in recent years. The increasing use of technology to replace live teach-to-student interaction is a negative trend in my view. Still, it is a good school.

Posted June 04, 2012
Great school!!!!!! we are very happy with all the staff Great teachers specially Miss Shattuck!

Posted February 09, 2011
My daughter is in her second year with Roberts and she could not be happier. Academically we are pleased, the friends she made are wonderful and the teachers so far have all been excellent. Administration is on top of everything. Let's hope the issue of the state-wide vanishing magnet program will have little impact on the quality of eduction at Roberts.

Roberts Elementary School
6000 Greenbriar Street, Houston, TX  77030
Last modified Roberts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roberts Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top