Scroggins Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2013
The school offers great cirriculm along with a variety of arts programs. Recently the school has changed their safety polices. The policies should be reviewed, thus far many of the rules are working against parent involvement, have created chaos and anger among parents. One of the reasons the school was rated higher in the past was due to the wonderful open door policy;which no longer exsists. The principle is still scarce and only emerges occassionally, leaving a majority of work to her AP. Her AP is an upstanding, hard working and dedicated AP who is always helpful. For the most part the staff is great, there are a few people that due to tenure or senority are not friendly, however they do their job so I suppose that is what matters. The school offers a great multitude of fun learning event and also offers tutorials. Major Pro's- good cirriculm,over all great teachers,after school affordable programs, great facility and classrooms, open to transfer students, offers GT and Magnet level learning. Major Conn's- Principle is scarce, parking,drop off and pick up are difficult and time consuming, some staff is rude. The safety rules make doing anything at the school almost impossible.

Scroggins Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2012
Scroggins has an Excellent Principal who loves her students, an Awesome Magnet School Coordinator who also cherishes students, and a few great teachers. I loved my daughter's 1st-3rd grade teacher - What an EXCELLENT teacher who increased the knowledge of students by leaps and bounds! My daughter left Scroggins prepared for a new campus, and 4th grade. This teacher raised the bar for increased learning on a daily basis. Scroggins deserves a Curriculum Specialists who can answer questions for the parents (especially concerning testing), and one who can answer questions as an administrative team leader. Scroggins also deserves a GT coordinator who delivers innovative ideas and activities to children. If it had not been for my daughter s teacher, students would not have been asked to produce GT higher critical skill level Science projects. The GT department needs an overhaul, badly. Scroggins has too many aides walking around doing very little. They are rude to parents, and many times attempt to run the school. Scroggins needs to have a dress code for staff. Students are asked to adhere to a strict dress code, but the aides wore whatever they wished -Not a good example for students!

Posted January 13, 2012
Scroggins Elementary is an excellent school! My daughter has been attending since pre-k. The resources available are tremendous. My daughter is constantly being challenged and participates in numerous school activities. Thank you Scroggins for making resources and opportunities available for my child. These opportunities have helped my child develop both academically and with leadership skills . If you are looking for a great school, consider Scroggins Elementary. Thanks to the staff and teachers that have impacted my child throughout her years at Scroggin's. Special thanks to the 2nd grade lead teacher who has continuously worked with with my child since kindergarten.

Posted January 05, 2012
Scroggins is a great school for students. I have both my kids attending this school and have accomplished great scores. Scroggins care for their students that they offer free tutorial classes and case program which is an after school program for working parents. During the case program the students work on their homework for the first hour and the second hour is an elective. Scroggins also has a reading club which helps students advance in reading skills. The school works very strong with students to prepare them for TAKS and misc test. Not only does the school help with their education but also with their develpment. The principle and teachers are very nice and provide great leadership to students. They also are aware of the school occurrences to protect our kids.

Scroggins Elementary School 4

Posted September 30, 2011
wow, first off I'd like to ask why it would be called a "review" if some of the posts are being deleted?I don't agree with some of the reviews but alot of them are pretty much the truth.Thats not right,people need to know about a school if they want to send their kids here.my reviews are still here but its not right to delete the others if they were being honest about their experiences with this school.the school has alot of great advantages for our kids but there are somethings people might want to know...theres always a downside along with the good. Be fair.

Scroggins Elementary School 3

Posted October 04, 2008
This school is a nice one but there are alot of teachers who like to pick on the children.I've seen it and some of their own staff has seen it and no one speaks up about it.The principal is NEVER there.Some parents don't even know what she looks like.They don't allow you to walk your small one's to class and insist that it's okay for them to walk to class unattended.The pre-k classes are all outside in the T section and right behind the school is a public park and sometimes the back gate is left open by parents.Once a man was out there shooting up in the air and no one notified us parents.They never notify about things like that.

Posted October 01, 2008
This is an excellent school. The teachers make it so reading seems fun. My children love to read and talk about books. They like to go to the library. Many students have won math awards.

Posted August 26, 2008
My children and my grandchildren went and go to Scroggins. They learned a lot and the teachers appreciated them. My children have good careers and my grandson feels cared for. He does a great job on the TAKS and got free tutoring. When I had problems when I was raising my children, the school was a great help and very caring toward my children. When I tell my friends about Scroggins gifts like tutoring, birthday books, and marching in the Thanksgiving Parade, they say that the schools that they know don't do those extras.

Posted August 26, 2008
This school has been fantastic. My older child was able to go to a great middle school after leaving Scroggins. His middle school teachers say that they like to get Scroggins kids because they are well prepared. My other son still attends Scroggins and loves it. He is a good reader and has made many nice friends. The school is beautiful and the teachers and office ladies are nice.

Posted April 23, 2008

Scroggins Elementary School
400 Boyles Street, Houston, TX  77020
Last modified Scroggins Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scroggins Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top