Bad
Good

This school has been great. I have had a wonderful experience with all of the teachers my son has had since PK to now. Yes there some flaws here an there but for the most part everything has gone pretty well. The only negative thing I have is their timing. Always seems that time is against them for events in school. I would wish to have more school spirit. Besides that I love the staff and teachers.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SCHOOL (if you can even call it a school). Every year now, my child has had teacher's leave, move to other classrooms, or have the Teacher assistants teach the classroom. He is in the second grade, and is now on his 6th "teacher" already!?! My advice parents, do what ever you can do, to get away from this school. It's not the teacher's faults either, its the lack of administration and HISD not caring to make it right. Thank goodness there ARE a select few teachers there that DO CARE and doing what they can, but if my child stays at this school any longer, I am afraid his future will be greatly suffer due to the lack of foundation this school is not giving him. GOOD BYE SHEARN....

All my kids have gone to this school and stayed in the area so that they could. It is outstanding and I hear that over half of the students come to the school on transfer. My only disappointment is that the dual language program didn't start earlier. It is a very solid and successful place for kids to learn.

My son has been in Shearn for 2 years. He came from the mexican kindergarten system where children learn only vowels and numbers from 1 to 10. Thanks to the great teachers and volunteers he began speaking fluent English in 3 months and by the 4th he was already reading in both languages and counting to 100. The principal actually knows every kid by name. Thumbs up. Way to go Shearn!

yes my child also attended this school but i had different views. no the principal does not know everyone and if you asked a question about something it is always the same thing have you talked with the child's teacher. Yes there are wonderful teachers there but administration is something to be desired.

This is my son's first year at Shearn. We came from a great school district - Cy Fair so I was really concerned as far as the learning aspect of a new school. So far this year, the school has exceeded my expectations. His teacher - Mrs. Fleischer-Bell is awesome! You can tell that she really enjoys being a teacher and cares for the students. She makes learning fun and my son looks forward to going to school every morning. The principal litterally knows all the children and parents by name. It has turned out to be a wonderful year!

Last modified Shearn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.