Posted May 07, 2014
This is an exceptional school. My kids thrive at Sinclair. The staff, principal and teachers are top notch. One of the fabulous teachers was recently recognized s the HISD teacher of the year. I couldn't ask for a better school or better teachers. Love Sinclair.

Posted April 17, 2014
My great niece loves her teacher and her school. She was even offered to be a part of the magnet program. She attended pre-k class. It is reassuring to know that she has potential to be in the magnet program. The teacher, Miss Paige,is influential in her willingness to learn and do well in school.

Posted July 12, 2013
I went to this school years ago (I'm now in high school) and I can honestly say I loved it! The way they taught was outstanding! Every year I got commended performance on all T.A.K.S. tests. Sinclair tries to get to know kids to teach them in a way they would learn. In fact, I ran into one of my teachers from fifth grade the other day, and she still remembered me! I obviously haven't attended in a long time, and I know there is a new principal so I can't comment on that, but when I did attend, our principals were great and extremely nice. The school was a safe and fun place to be.

Posted October 23, 2012
I absolutely agree with the last review. I too live in the neighborhood and my son has attended Sinclair since kindergarten and is now in the 4th grade. We are pleased with his progress and have compared his projects to other premier area schools. We have come to realize that these other schools look pretty on the outside and can fool you with the flash and circumstance. Sinclair may be 50 years old and not as pretty on the outside, but it is full of quality on the inside. Support your neighborhood school!

Posted October 05, 2012
I'm very pleased with the new principal. I think the current leadership team is what this school has been searching for. It is high time that the surrounding residents buy into this neighborhood gem. This school sits on a large plot of land in a hot area. I would hate to see HISD with their financial woes look to sell and allow developers have their way with it. Great schools make great neighborhoods. I live in the neighborhood and was hesitant after hearing about the other schools that are close. I chose Sinclair and my daughter and I are very happy to be at Sinclair.

Posted September 07, 2012
bullying seems to be acceptable through justification of and apology. this is unprofessional. Hopefully the principle will make the situation right

Posted August 01, 2012
this coming year there will be a new principle and i sure do hope she can shape up inclair. THIS PAST YEAR WAS NOT GOOD. There was some teachers yelling and terrible terrible caferteria moniter. they would yell at children . please if your a parent keep an eye out, because i know its difficult to have to get up and move, but as long as there are parents working together then we can have a voice not only for our child but eery child in sinclair.

Posted July 03, 2009
We have a very positive experience in the two years he has attending Sinclair. The principal is very approachable and supportive. The teachers have been in constant communications and his second grade teacher(Ms. Valerie) was always made time for his parents after school and it was obvious from the work we saw that he was growing throughtout the year. The drama department helped our shy child explore experience a more outgoing. We personality. We would recommend Sinclair to any parent. We are also teachers!

Posted January 26, 2009
I can agree with all of the comments posted here. We had very high expectations from Sinclair and actually got the results the first year we were there. Every year after that just went downhill. The principal when we arrived in 2003 was pretty much non-existent and simply did not care. When she was replaced in Spring 2007, the new principal lacked the leadership ability to keep the staff and PTA volunteers in line. We moved our family out in Fall of 2007 and our children are now far behind the other students in writing and math! I am glad we got out of there when we did because without a total revamp, Sinclair is not the place for a good education.

Sinclair Elementary School 4

Posted August 25, 2008

Sinclair Elementary School
6410 Grovewood Lane, Houston, TX  77008
Last modified Sinclair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sinclair Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top