Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Sinclair Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2016
They lost my child the first week for not listening. They are not prepared for divided homes. No matter how many times you explain a difficult/challenging dual home situation, they don't care to help. They act like divorce is a foreign concept. It's 2016! Not 1950. They don't give both parents information ultimately hurting your childs potential. They ignore your request for dual copies so both parties are prepared and can be the best for your child(ren). Front desk is rude and incompetent when asked what all is sent weekly (just a folder of random stuff). They have terrible communication. I do not plan on sending my child here again. They will treat you with disrespect if you confront issues. Not everyone has a perfect amicable situation. It is up to everyone to work as a team for the well being of the child. I'm highly disappointed in this schools lack of preparation in "different" situations. It's outdated and they're rating is based on people who probably didn't have a situation like mine. The only person affected was my child. Though he preformed well academically. My suggestion go to a different school if you are divorced and need a school who can work with your sitation- or have a dual home situation. This one was a waste of a magnet. Lesson learned.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted May 21, 2016
Other parents who shared the same difficulties I did. I guess it all depends on the teacher your child gets. Some are natural at teaching while others just... Aren't.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 21, 2016
1.5 hours of homework a week for a kindergartener?!?! NPR spoke about how each grade should require 10 minutes of homework starting in First grade. When does a child get to have fun when the teacher makes you their work?!?

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2016
My son came home with more attitude than I have ever seen. Even my teacher friends commented on how strange this teacher's behavior was.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2016
No clue as my child's teacher didn't communicate at all when I asked questions via message unless I contacted the principal.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 21, 2015
Can I only pick one? The office staff are great, love the principal, Coach is awesome, and every teacher I've met has been stellar!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
My son is left handed and has issues with writing because of it. His teacher and I worked on finding a solution and she is working on on one with him to push through and be the best he can be!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted October 21, 2015
My kiddo was poked in the eye twice in Kinder. The teacher and principal took the time to call me and make me aware that they were implementing a class about personal space so they could help void this in the future. A+!

Sinclair Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2015
I am so happy with Sinclair! It's my son's second year there and we couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are great and always make themselves very approachable and accessible to parents. If I could rate it higher than a 5 I would. As another review said, it's truly a hidden gem. Put it at the top of your list, picky parents! You'll be glad you did.

Sinclair Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2015
I went on a tour at Sinclair last week and was surprisingly impressed. I thought this school would be at the bottom of our application list, but now it is at the top. It offers great programming with a new STEM lab that does coding and robotics and even has a TV studio. Everyone was happy and excited and the magnet coordinator was so enthusiastic. I can see my family at this school. I highly suggest applying to this school and ranking it high. I am hoping to get a spot and not to be on the wait list.

6410 Grovewood Lane, Houston, TX  77008
Last modified Sinclair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.