Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

They lost my child the first week for not listening. They are not prepared for divided homes. No matter how many times you explain a difficult/challenging dual home situation, they don't care to help. They act like divorce is a foreign concept. It's 2016! Not 1950. They don't give both parents information ultimately hurting your childs potential. They ignore your request for dual copies so both parties are prepared and can be the best for your child(ren). Front desk is rude and incompetent when asked what all is sent weekly (just a folder of random stuff). They have terrible communication. I do not plan on sending my child here again. They will treat you with disrespect if you confront issues. Not everyone has a perfect amicable situation. It is up to everyone to work as a team for the well being of the child. I'm highly disappointed in this schools lack of preparation in "different" situations. It's outdated and they're rating is based on people who probably didn't have a situation like mine. The only person affected was my child. Though he preformed well academically. My suggestion go to a different school if you are divorced and need a school who can work with your sitation- or have a dual home situation. This one was a waste of a magnet. Lesson learned.

Amount of homework: Disagree

1.5 hours of homework a week for a kindergartener?!?! NPR spoke about how each grade should require 10 minutes of homework starting in First grade. When does a child get to have fun when the teacher makes you their work?!?

Develops character: Strongly agree

My kiddo was poked in the eye twice in Kinder. The teacher and principal took the time to call me and make me aware that they were implementing a class about personal space so they could help void this in the future. A+!

I am so happy with Sinclair! It's my son's second year there and we couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are great and always make themselves very approachable and accessible to parents. If I could rate it higher than a 5 I would. As another review said, it's truly a hidden gem. Put it at the top of your list, picky parents! You'll be glad you did.

I went on a tour at Sinclair last week and was surprisingly impressed. I thought this school would be at the bottom of our application list, but now it is at the top. It offers great programming with a new STEM lab that does coding and robotics and even has a TV studio. Everyone was happy and excited and the magnet coordinator was so enthusiastic. I can see my family at this school. I highly suggest applying to this school and ranking it high. I am hoping to get a spot and not to be on the wait list.

Fantastic teachers!! My daughter loves going to school... She learns and crave to learn ... Homework, daily reports, dojo, advise, best practice ... You get it all...thank you all and ms Lyles especially !!

I have to agree with the most recently posted comment below. We are new to Sinclair and after coming from a nearby "highly desired" school, we have been completely impressed. Our daughter loves going to school everyday, teachers are excellent and principal and administration are very approachable. Aside from that, I am extremely impressed with the PTA, which is down to Earth and inclusive of anyone who wants to be involved. This school will be tough to get into in a few short years, and we feel lucky to be here. As you do your research, do not overlook Sinclair, it is impressive!

My daughter loves this school, therefore I have nothing but great things to say about it. The principal and teachers are always so helpful and really seem like they want to be there. This school hasn't gained quite the following that Oak Forest has (which is nice) because not as many people are competing to get in...yet. It's truly a hidden gem. I couldn't be more proud to say my child attends Sinclair!

My daughter loves this school! She has improved in all areas of study and is so excited to be at Sinclair. The principal, teachers and staff are absolutely wonderful! I have never had an issue and they truly care for the kids.

This is an exceptional school. My kids thrive at Sinclair. The staff, principal and teachers are top notch. One of the fabulous teachers was recently recognized s the HISD teacher of the year. I couldn't ask for a better school or better teachers. Love Sinclair.

Last modified Sinclair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.