Posted September 08, 2013
Excited as the 2013-2014 school year gets underway. My children so far are happy with their teachers and look forward to going (most days ; ) ). My 1st grader has received his "invitation" to the science lab and is looking forward to learning in that environment. All of the staff know my children, and my son is often greeted in the morning, even by teachers he has never had class with, by his name & with a smile. Not sure about the previous review where the child was not receiving any help, because I believe children who need extra help are given the help, and can even be invited to Saturday school to make sure they are not falling behind. Looking forward to this fall's literacy night, which has a bit of a carnival atmosphere, but is loaded with educational games & family fun.

Stevens Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2013
Iam very disappoint in this school, my daughter has been going to this school for 3 years and yet has not rec d any help, and the teacher there are just no help, they believe in if a child cant keep up they just move on, also the staff there is rude to parents and They have poor security in the school, anyone can just walk in the school and no one will know. Same of those teacher are to worries about other thing instead of teaching our children. This would be my daughters last year there because there are not teaching her anything. I wouldn t advice you to put your child in this school.

Posted July 31, 2012
Excellent administration and teachers that show an active interest in the children. One of the few schools that qualified in all key metrics within the TEA assessment

Posted May 31, 2009
Stevens Elementary is a great place to work as a teacher. The administration, faculty and staff are professional and are truly concerned that no child is left behind. The teachers are concerned that instruction is appropriate, engaging, creative, challenging and rigorous. Stevens has made tremendous progress over the past few years and the best is yet to come!!

Posted September 11, 2008
I have to truely agree. My son loves to read now and loves to go to school. He's in 1st grade now and his teacher Ms. Petite is such a wonderful teacher. Last year when he was in Kindergarten, his teacher Mr. Thomas was also a good teacher as well. He truely loves what he do. I'm so glad that my son goes to this school because I have truely seen a difference in his behavior and learning skills.

Posted August 14, 2008
My son went to stevens for kindergarden, at first he had no interests in school what so ever,after a few weeks went by, he was excited to wake up to attend school, and after school he wanted to work on his numbers and read everyday. I couldn,t believe it, he even started to use words that i never even heard of, that made lots of sence. His behavior and will of learning is outstanding. And its a because of his teacher mr. Thomas. Mr.Thomas is a great teacher,very intelligent and enjoyes what he does and its shows,my son is now ready for the first grade, is no doubt about that my son is going to be outstanding.

Posted May 12, 2008
My son goes to PK, he had a hard time to get use to the change of not being at home anymore, The principal, teachers and counselor (and more people involved) made him feel special, talking to him, and noticing him. Everyone knows him now and he loves being there. They really take the time to take care of those kids who need special attention.

Stevens Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2006

Stevens Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2006

Stevens Elementary School 2

Posted January 01, 2006

Stevens Elementary School
1910 Lamonte Lane, Houston, TX  77018
Last modified Stevens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stevens Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top