Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I have no recent knowledge of the schools workings to understand anything about it.

Supports LD students: Neutral

Effective school leaders: Neutral

Develops character: Neutral

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Again my knowledge is not recent, but if the caliber of teachers is anything like it was sixteen/seventeen years ago then I would love to have my kids taught here.

Amount of homework: Neutral

The school has change focus and demographics the last coupe of years. Only by comparison to other bad schools in HISD could this school be rated well.

From the beginning, now Principal Dahlquist supported my son in joining the AU-SLC class at Walnut Bend and we had many challenges starting in 1st grade. Now my son is a well-adjusted 3rd grader actively mainstreaming in a typical classroom with the support of his SLC teacher Mrs. Shaw. Mrs. Shaw is in constant communication about support for Jacob. He's been very successful with Mrs. Gilio and his new friends in 3rd grade. I am so grateful for their guidance, support and wisdom. The SLC class at this school is a rare gem in the HISD system. My only concern now is finding an equally exemplary middle school after 5th grade!

Walnut Bend is a great neighborhood school that meets the needs of all children. The building is beautiful and the teachers and staff are top notch.

Walnut Bend is the worst Elementary I have ever dealt with. I can never speak to anyone when I call. I have left my number more than once for the principal to call me and she never does. The administrative staff is very rude and never seem to have any answers or useful information.

Last modified Walnut Bend Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.