Posted February 08, 2014
Walnut Bend is a great neighborhood school that meets the needs of all children. The building is beautiful and the teachers and staff are top notch.

Walnut Bend Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2013
Walnut Bend is the worst Elementary I have ever dealt with. I can never speak to anyone when I call. I have left my number more than once for the principal to call me and she never does. The administrative staff is very rude and never seem to have any answers or useful information.

Posted August 10, 2013
I love Walnut Bend the teachers and staff really care about all the students. my Daughter loves going there everyday.she has perfect attendance.They always help children if they are falling behind on a subject, they will work with them after school. walnut bend is a wonderful school.

Posted January 21, 2013
This is my sons first year ever in school he has always been home with me. His PreK teacher is wonderful he has a speech problem but she has him counting and knowing all his ABC's. Although he wasnt quite ready for school they worked with me and this semester he is going all day and doing very well. Principal is excellant and very involved and the teachers visit other schools so they can get tips on how to become better teachers which in my opinion they already are!!!

Posted July 15, 2011
My oldest son went from kinder to 5th grade and now my other two littles are there also. They both enjoyed their classmates and teachers last year.The staff is very friendly and they do know most of the students name even when they are not in their class. I have teacher emails and can easily reach them that way or by phone.

Posted April 02, 2011
Walnut Bend is a great school. We sent our son there last year to give it a try and we are so pleased with the quality of education that we will send our daughter there next year. The faculty is fully committed to the success of each child. My son is in the gifted and talented program. I'm continually amazed at the level of work expected of my son. It's on par and maybe even beyond the expectations of the Private School we used to attend. Don't be put off my the ranking of acceptable. In our neighborhood there are a lot of children who need extra help but this in no way diminishes the quality of the education my son is receiving. I wish more parents in the neighborhood what realize what a great bargain they have in their own backyards. I've wasted a lot of money on private schools that I should have saved for college.

Posted January 25, 2010

Posted August 15, 2009
I love Walnut Bend and wouldn't want my kids to attend any other school. This will be my daughter's third year there. She has always had an experienced, patient, and caring teacher who keeps in daily contact with me through an agenda book. My daughter loves the teachers and staff who all seem to know her by name even though she isn't in their class. I'm looking forward to sending my son to Kindergarten at Walnut Bend next year because I know he'll have a great teacher in a loving environment.

Walnut Bend Elementary School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
If a parent only cares about test scores, Walnut Bend is not the school for you. If you want a loving environment with well qualified teachers, great extra-curricular activities-tennis, orchestra, WBN Kid News, and chess (to name a few). We had amazing progress in testing this school year, but will only receive an acceptable rating again. Walnut Bend ES is so much more than just test scores. Parents really need to look closely at Walnut Bend ES. It's a great neighborhood school!

Walnut Bend Elementary School 0

Posted April 17, 2009
As the mother of a child entering kindergarten, I was very impressed with the staff, the new facility, and the equipment and activities for the kids. It's a school that has a lot to offer. In the recent past, most neighborhood homeowners have been sending their children to private school, but I believe and hope that more parents like myself will feel willing and positive about enrolling their children in this neighborhood school, because of the newly improved facility and character. I am excited to be part of the turnaround, and am looking forward to seeing my expectations met and surpassed.

Walnut Bend Elementary School
10620 Briar Forest Drive, Houston, TX  77042
Last modified Walnut Bend Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Bend Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top