Bad
Good

It used to be a great magnet school, but it's slowly coming back up. I hope the non magnet parents get more involved with the school. Our test results are improving and is going to get better. All the teachers are working way harder than last year. We have a new principal now, Ms. Garibaldi, who is sincere and hard working.

There are plenty of great teachers, its just the student don't allow the teacher to expand their horizons due to behavior problems and other issues among the students.

The Principal, Assistant Principals, counselors, nurses, teachers, and all the staff genuinely care about the kids. Middle schoolers are all over the chart in every way, and this is the time they need to work out a lot so they can learn to focus in high school. I see a lot of hard work and love in this school.

After attending the Open House Meeting on last nite, I think that the school has potential to increase the school's raring for the 2009-10 school year

I think that Welch is a great school and the Principal is doing a great job. We just need more parent involvement. I like the fact that there are so many males at the school and they are in tune with the students. The school is doing a great preparing the students for high school and the principal runs a tight ship, and she is all about the students. Great job Mrs. Iyamu keep up the good work.

I want to give a shout out to all ESL teacher. Mr. Matthews, Ms. Delgado, Ms. Tapia and all others. This teacher are one of the best teacher i ever had and seen getting through toughf time teach ing english to baliangula kids. The legacy of the ESl teacher lives on and on thank very much. (,)

i think that this school has went in the dumps since mrs iyamu became the principle. last year when ms. andrews was the princeiple the school was fun, but now it is so boring and the that gets me is that we have to pay money to wear our own jeans i think this school is a rip off.

I want to send a shout out to Mr. Ogunmokun, my children say he is an awesome math teacher and they have learned alot in his class. Kudos to Mr. Ogunmokun and to Welch Middle School. Awesome job!

I agree about parental involvement needing a boost. The teachers and administrators are doing all they can, and doing a wonderful job. But our children need to see us, the parents, being involved so that they know that their school lives and their education are important to us. There are a million reasons why parental involvement is important...just pick one and join in. You will be glad you did.

I am the parent of a 6th grader at Welch. The principal is very involved with seeing her students succeed and that is great. I also would love to see a whole lot more parent involvement because the principal can only do so much for the students.

Last modified Welch Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.