Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School 1

Posted January 24, 2011
The school is in freefall. The Principal is a disaster and spends her time running off good teachers to hire inexperienced ones that cost less. The state TEIS report shows the change in the teacher experience. This has led to horrible teacher morale.

Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School 1

Posted May 15, 2010
The reviews posted here are from another time and place. LECJ's decline and fall began in 2005. Alumni would be saddened to find out what has happened since the regime change. Faculty morale is at an all time low, teacher turnover is becoming commonplace and absenteeism is high due to the poor leadership. The students deserve better and the teachers would like to be able to give them the education they need, but their hands are tied by the administration's indifference to student discipline. What a horrible thing to have done to such a good school.

Posted December 13, 2007

Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School 5

Posted July 31, 2006
I believe this school is a great opportunity for our future; our children. My daughter attends this school & I am very glad because they do not play around, they are very strict & that will weed out the kids who are not focused. It is very easy to get off focus of your education by peer pressure, so I definately want her to stay focused & away from negative influences. I personally hope & pray she is allowed to continue here & take advantage of this great opportunity for her future!!

Posted April 26, 2006

Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School 5

Posted July 05, 2005
- a former student
HSLECJ, is a great school, tough, but considering the field of interest, is just what a student needs.

Posted April 01, 2005
Well I am a student attending HSLECJ. And for the most part I can say that the atomosphere there is very calming. The students are nice, and are very involved in their studies. The teachers are willing to help you no matter what, and like to listens to your opinions. And you learn so much that can be useful in the future.

Posted December 13, 2004
- a former student
I graduated from LECJ in May of 2003. It was definitely a memorable experience. I loved the fact that I could recognize just about every face in the entire school--even if not by name. The teachers definitely made themselves available to help with anything, such as morning/after school tutoring or general quick questions. If you are considering attending this school, be prepared for the one thing most kids would complain about--the lack of sports teams. Sure, it would have been nice to have sports at LECJ, and I'm sure it would have enhanced the school spirit, but we survived without it. There is definitely a stronger emphasis placed on academic achievement at this school. And, of course, it has a great Law Enforcement and Law Legal program that is great if you are considering entering either field; and even if you are not, don't be turned off.

Posted October 14, 2004
- a former student
I attended Law Enforcement my freshman and sophomore year. I honestly regret leaving the school. It offered me so many opportunities I currently do not have. I now go to a public school and it is not as hands on as Law Enforcement. Though it offers many activities and classes not offered at Law Enforcement, I still miss my old school. The teachers there are wonderful and truly dedicated to thier jobs. It is a wonderful school that offers many challenges but great rewards at the end of the high school struggle.

Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School 2

Posted August 17, 2004
The kids that attend this school love it. Of course, some of my son's teachers were great, others were not. I found the school to be very dispassionate in terms of dealing with the students as individuals. I was constantly quoted the number of students attending the school as if that made a difference in what I should expect in term of the quality of response, education, concern, dedication, etc. His couselor was exceptional dismal. The principal was very unresponsive to my requests for help; and, I actually found him to be more of a hinderance than anything. Others have expressed surprise at this. When seeking assistance of any type, be prepared for a major run around. If you have a learning disabled child, try to find a better school.

Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School
4701 Dickson Street, Houston, TX  77007
Last modified Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Law Enfcmt-Crim Just High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.