T High Rogers School 2

Posted November 19, 2014
So far, I have had mixed feelings about this school. After attending this school, I become very anti-social and depressed as a result of the pressure which I am forced to face every day at school. The students who are struggling or need help with some topics are shamed, and the social pressures to live up to what everyone wants you to be are extremely high. As I have observed, many students began to develop psychological disorders which resulted in a transfer. In addition, the homework load is just downright crazy and the administration does not take action if their is a problem going on at school. However, the quality of the academics taught here is quite high and is very advanced. If you are not prepared to do 5+ hours of homework a night and to survive an extremely pressuring environment, I would not advise this school for you.

Posted October 06, 2014
T.H rogers is a pretty good school. Although, the environment for you kid might be a positive and negative thing. Most kids at rogers don't socialize which is very bad for students, but also when parents send their children to school, they know that they're children are safe and are in good hands. I recommend parents to send They're children to rogers

T High Rogers School 4

Posted October 06, 2014
Im currently in 8th and those who say 7th hw wad an overload is completly true. I say this bc 7th covered or scratched the serface of everything in 8th grade ciriculum, while there are three math classes, math8, vg algebra, preap algebra. Im in math8 and the onl ybulling in Rogers, which is very few, is the algebra kids picking on the math8 kids. I also feel dumb bc all my friends are in algebra and when I need help, they sometimes get impatient. This is understandable, but Rogers is still aawsome. It may seem hard to new commers bc they may not b used to the heavy hw load. Im NOT saying new commers are dumb. I came in 6th and I was so confused bc in 5th, we stoped at fractions bc we had a sub for more than half of the year who majored in launguage arts eventhough she was our science and math teacher. Rogers is also a special needs school and this gives a whole new learning environment and it really depends onthe person to how they react to high schoolers in wheel chairs bc they dont have the abilityc to walk on thir own. My sister would hate rogers bc that is just the kind of person she is. Rogers may have some down sides, it definatly has many perks too.

Posted September 19, 2013
Recently graduating from T. H. Rogers I feel like the school has many opportunities and benefits from a select few of the best teachers in my opinion. When I was at T. H. Rogers it was fun everyone was simply splendid, and you truly meet great people at T. H. Rogers. The school was almost like a second family to me due to how close I was to almost everyone, maybe because I went to T. H Rogers for 9 years. The bullying is nearly nonexistent, and the few but excellent extracurricular offered are great and often times. The homework is truly a pain, but they often bring up concepts that I am learning in high school. The athletics of the school are great in some areas, while not so great in other areas most like due to how everyone normally concentrates on studying. T. H. Rogers has prepared me well for high school, and the teachers are amazing, but sadly some of the amazing teachers are leaving. The expectation of this school is very high, and often times students meet and exceed those expectations. The high expectations and competition at this school help students succeed in their future endeavors. T. H. Rogers will always remain as an important era of my life.

T High Rogers School 2

Posted September 18, 2013
As a newer student at TH Rogers, I was expecting it to be one of the best schools in Houston. To be honest, there is nothing special about it. Yes, the students are all very intelligent. And yes, we get a lot of homework. However, I am very dissatisfied with the curriculum at this school. My brother is currently attending a private school, and based on what I see him working on, there is much more academic rigor at that school, and there is actually a reasonable amount of work. TH Rogers just feels like a big preparation for tests. All in all, this school is leaving me stressed and without an ideal learning environment. I will hopefully not be attending next year.

Posted June 25, 2013
a truly enlightening experience. While smaller than most schools, Rogers makes up for it with their stellar students, performing extraordinary in both academics and sports (although boys' basketball could use some improvement) as well as in other extracurricular activities. The environment is safe, no drugs or racism and little to none bullying. All the students work extremely hard, leaving little room for slackers. The teachers at Rogers are also amazing, especially the 7th grade Math and English teachers and the middle school French teacher. Sadly, teachers are, one by one, leaving and are being replaced by less-than-amazing new staff members. Of course, this does not change the fact that the students are fiercely driven and talented. Everyone is welcomed with open arms and Rogers truly becomes a second home. Most Rogers 8th graders opt to attend either Bellaire, Debakey, or Carnegie for high school while those more interested in the arts attend HSPVA. In the past couple years, a few students have even risen to the challenge and decided to venture into boarding schools in the New England area. Nevertheless, Rogers remains in the heart of every student for the rest of their lives.

T High Rogers School 4

Posted June 18, 2013
I just graduated from Rogers this past year. This school is really quite fantastic, no matter how tough and challenging it is. It's a small environment: you really get to know your peers and even your teachers well. There's almost no bullying. Generally, people, both students and staff members alike, are very nice-they'll help you out when you need it, whether socially, academically, etc. The teachers really push you so you can perform your best. We perform pretty well at sports (volleyball is very prominent), and our art field is fantastic. Our orchestra has performed phenomenally each year so far at UIL. The visual arts is fantastic-we do win a number of accolades each year, and some artwork is even bought (mine is!). Of course, the students are very intelligent, and we work hard, but we still love to have lots of fun. No school is perfect, and I'm seeing that many fantastic teachers are leaving and being replaced with frustrating teachers (reason behind the four stars). It's worrisome, but still, I see we still do well. It's VERY, VERY challenging here, and students will get very frustrated, tired, and pretty beat-up. Just stay sharp! I really would recommend Rogers though :D

Posted April 29, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS AWESOME!!!!! I've been there and everything is very very good- i tell you it is very cool to be there. Everything is very wonderful and there is almost no defects to it ( well.... little). It's great students are very "intelligent" and the teachers are very helpful. Not like other schools this school has GT students on all classes! Other schools may be boring but this school is very interesting. If you feel bored in here, are you getting all 100's in all subjects? So.. if not DO NOT get bored and try to get the best out of you. If yes.... keep trying to keep all your 100's up and do not lower them. The only thing to say is that this school is very very AWESOME!!! Submitted by a Student from T.H Rogers-

Posted April 05, 2013
I am reading these reviews, and finding the collective experience hilarious. I'm an anesthesiologist in Atlanta, GA at Emory University Hospital. I went to Washington University in Saint Louis for medical school, Rice University for college, Bellaire for high school, and, yes, T.H. Rogers for middle school. If you just look at the reviews, you'll see how discerning Rogers students are. They've gone onto websites for other middle schools to compare coursework, they're always seeking more academic challenges, and they're humble enough to say they're not the best school (even if others think they are the best)...and just look at the writing style. It's fantastic! I'll admit, schools like Lanier have very bright, well-rounded students, but in a much different environment. Lanier is larger, and so of course it will have more of every kind of student (whether academically brilliant or socially outstanding). However, per capita, T.H. Rogers has some of the most outstanding students. I appreciated learning sign language at T. H. Rogers, and I appreciated interacting with multiply-impaired children at a young age. I think it fosters a kindness and humility that can be lifelong.

Posted April 04, 2013
TH Rogers is the best school in Houston. Walking in the halls are the next Einstein's. There is little to no bullying, all the teachers are fun and very nice, and TPSP is only confused right now because it's still new. While other schools may be teaching a similar curriculum as TH Rogers, TH Rogers Vanguard is made up completely of GT students. TH Rogers scored significantly higher than any other school's vanguard program, and the fewer amount of students makes the environment much nicer to be in. All of the teachers get to know you personally, so they can better help you to learn new things than other schools could. While other schools are pointing at us, laughing and saying we are all nerds, we are going to be the people who make something of themselves later on. Other students may get into a high school, but high schools love to get TH Rogers students because they are all so smart. Students can also get to know people who are deaf, and learn to communicate in sign language, an ability that few people can claim. Our Name That Book Teams place every time, and so do our science fair entries. I do not know of a better school for a person to come to than TH Rogers Vanguard Program.

T High Rogers School
5840 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX  77057
Last modified T High Rogers School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
T High Rogers School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top