Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

T High Rogers School
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 04, 2016
Th school has a whole department for hearing impaired and handicapped & special needs kids who get to attend with other kids some classes once a week. This is very important in a world that lacks and is losing compassion every year. The kids learn how to deal and interact the way they should not only with peers similar to them but also to those that will need help when they get out in the real world. a bonus

Posted April 04, 2016
I am not sure where all the comments about the kids not socializing or not having time for play coming from?!! I am a mother of an 8 year old who attends this school for the first time this year.. All I have to say is that there are schools and there is T H Rogers!! This school is phenomenal and superior on all levels. The quality of education and academics offered to the kids there is top notch and I can't see it being offered anywhere else. They teach the kids techniques, skills, critical thinking, being competitive in a world that cannot accept anything less than that. The teachers know what they are doing and there were numerous times where they helped us when we needed help. it is true that it requires a lot of work at school and at home but this is how education is everywhere else in the world. Only in the US where public schools has no homework.. having said all that, my daughter made so many friends and had so many play dates this year than when she was in her previous public school! We love this school and are happy we are part of Rogers community

Posted December 08, 2015
I get how other people might say that TH Rogers is way to tough and the homework is pretty big, but the kids have to get used to it because it's a privilege to go to a school with such character like Rogers. Work like projects can be given out at the same time and people complain that it is too much but it's probably because they procrastinate.

T High Rogers School 1

Posted August 19, 2015
Not a good school at all. The only thing going for this school is that they have the best students. You don't even have to teach these students anything; they'll find a way to learn anyway. The administrators I've seen at this school were among the worst in HISD.

Posted January 08, 2015
Having recently graduated, I will say that I will probably never forget the time I had here. It was truly a great experience. Though it might not have hit me before, it certainly has now--I will certainly miss this school a great deal. The teachers were wonderful and you can tell that they actually care about the students. I hadn't realized this until I entered high school. I actually think, that besides the really talented and intelligent students, the teachers are very important. Sadly, many of the old teachers are leaving :( However, I think there will always be a place in my heart where all my precious memories at Rogers is stored. I hope it will continue its legacy and high expectations. Also, there's very little bullying, and no drug use/smoking. :) This certainly is a great school with academic vigor!

T High Rogers School 2

Posted November 19, 2014
So far, I have had mixed feelings about this school. After attending this school, I become very anti-social and depressed as a result of the pressure which I am forced to face every day at school. The students who are struggling or need help with some topics are shamed, and the social pressures to live up to what everyone wants you to be are extremely high. As I have observed, many students began to develop psychological disorders which resulted in a transfer. In addition, the homework load is just downright crazy and the administration does not take action if their is a problem going on at school. However, the quality of the academics taught here is quite high and is very advanced. If you are not prepared to do 5+ hours of homework a night and to survive an extremely pressuring environment, I would not advise this school for you.

Posted October 06, 2014
T.H rogers is a pretty good school. Although, the environment for you kid might be a positive and negative thing. Most kids at rogers don't socialize which is very bad for students, but also when parents send their children to school, they know that they're children are safe and are in good hands. I recommend parents to send They're children to rogers

T High Rogers School 4

Posted October 06, 2014
Im currently in 8th and those who say 7th hw wad an overload is completly true. I say this bc 7th covered or scratched the serface of everything in 8th grade ciriculum, while there are three math classes, math8, vg algebra, preap algebra. Im in math8 and the onl ybulling in Rogers, which is very few, is the algebra kids picking on the math8 kids. I also feel dumb bc all my friends are in algebra and when I need help, they sometimes get impatient. This is understandable, but Rogers is still aawsome. It may seem hard to new commers bc they may not b used to the heavy hw load. Im NOT saying new commers are dumb. I came in 6th and I was so confused bc in 5th, we stoped at fractions bc we had a sub for more than half of the year who majored in launguage arts eventhough she was our science and math teacher. Rogers is also a special needs school and this gives a whole new learning environment and it really depends onthe person to how they react to high schoolers in wheel chairs bc they dont have the abilityc to walk on thir own. My sister would hate rogers bc that is just the kind of person she is. Rogers may have some down sides, it definatly has many perks too.

Posted September 19, 2013
Recently graduating from T. H. Rogers I feel like the school has many opportunities and benefits from a select few of the best teachers in my opinion. When I was at T. H. Rogers it was fun everyone was simply splendid, and you truly meet great people at T. H. Rogers. The school was almost like a second family to me due to how close I was to almost everyone, maybe because I went to T. H Rogers for 9 years. The bullying is nearly nonexistent, and the few but excellent extracurricular offered are great and often times. The homework is truly a pain, but they often bring up concepts that I am learning in high school. The athletics of the school are great in some areas, while not so great in other areas most like due to how everyone normally concentrates on studying. T. H. Rogers has prepared me well for high school, and the teachers are amazing, but sadly some of the amazing teachers are leaving. The expectation of this school is very high, and often times students meet and exceed those expectations. The high expectations and competition at this school help students succeed in their future endeavors. T. H. Rogers will always remain as an important era of my life.

T High Rogers School 2

Posted September 18, 2013
As a newer student at TH Rogers, I was expecting it to be one of the best schools in Houston. To be honest, there is nothing special about it. Yes, the students are all very intelligent. And yes, we get a lot of homework. However, I am very dissatisfied with the curriculum at this school. My brother is currently attending a private school, and based on what I see him working on, there is much more academic rigor at that school, and there is actually a reasonable amount of work. TH Rogers just feels like a big preparation for tests. All in all, this school is leaving me stressed and without an ideal learning environment. I will hopefully not be attending next year.

T High Rogers School
5840 San Felipe Street, Houston, TX  77057
Last modified T High Rogers School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.