Houston, TX

Posted April 18, 2013
I went to the school for substituting but those kids are really bad. They don't behave well and very disrespectful. And they stole my cellphone before they left class. I was very shocked that they stole a teacher's cellphone. I saw some of them were handcuffed by a police officer. Don't ever go there and don't send your kids there either. It's very bad.

Sugar Grove Academy 0

Posted November 06, 2008
This is avery good school I had worked at different schols and I can see the difference the principal gets involved with the students. He is very respectful to personnel that's why a lot of people think it twice before moving to another place.Employes help each other and you can see the good vibe in there

Sugar Grove Academy 4

Posted September 20, 2007
The school was rated exemplary with special recognition from the State of Texas Governor's Grant program in 05-06, and recognized in 06-07. This happened while being an 'overflow school' which anyone knows makes it more difficult to secure parent involvement. The vast majority of teachers and staff here sincerely care about the success and welfare of our students. We are committed to the student's learning and personal growth. Thank you.

Posted March 30, 2007
Teachers who work at this school do not send their students here because of the poor academia and discipline. The teachers, staff, and administrators spend more time arguing with one another than they do working for the betterment of the students. Tutorials don't start until it is close to the TAKS date.

Sugar Grove Academy 2

Posted April 12, 2006
There are no additional help for students, have to go to outside sources, such as sylvan learning center in order to get additional help. I believe this school need additional resources

Posted March 10, 2005
My son is a kindergartener at Sugar Grove. This school should not be a choice for your child. The principal of the school is not involved with the kids nor the teachers. The test scores are horrible. The teachers are only there for the money. There are no extracurricular activities to involve your child in. The communication between you and the teacher is all based on what the teacher assistant knows. I can honestly say that my son has regressed since being a student at this school because of the poor teaching. I was given a curriculum of what the kids would be learning and have yet to see any material on it. Out of the mouth of the teacher herself, the parents are just not involved. This will be my son's first and last year at this school.

Posted March 10, 2005
There was a hispanic history program, but when it came time for the black history program there wasn't one. When asked why the response I got was 'Didn't have time to do it.' There are no extracurricular activities and the parents are not involved at all. I barely see the principal which leads me to believe his involment is rare as well. Academically, this school year the students test scores for the state test were very very low. I was told that if it was my choice I could send my son to another school that's not necessarily in the district because of the low test scores. I have heard with my own ears teachers screaming at other kids in the hallway. This is not a good school at all.

Sugar Grove Academy 4

Posted February 08, 2005
Academicly this school is on target. They could have more extracurricular activities for the students,and more parent involvement will help.

Sugar Grove Academy 5

Posted August 02, 2004
Sugargrove is an excellent school. The principle cares about each and everyone of its kids and makes every effort in knowing each child and his or her progress. Teachers and staff are also great. Sugargrove is a small school with a great big heart.

Sugar Grove Academy
8405 Bonhomme Road, Houston, TX  77074
Last modified Sugar Grove Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sugar Grove Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top