Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted April 19, 2016
This was our first year at this school, and I love my sons teacher, she is wonderful. However, there have been school-wide discipline issues. Kids getting kicked and hit in the hallways and during transition times. Administration does nothing to put a stop to it. It is difficult for some of the teachers to teach because they are not backed up by administration. We will be attending a different school next year. -concerned parent

Posted September 13, 2012
I am a parent who now has her third child attending Shadowbriar Elementary and I am excited to be back. My oldest child is now in college and my middle child attends Westbriar Middle school. Both were more than prepared by Shadowbriar teachers and staff to meet the challenges of Middle School. They were engaged in the curriculum and mentored by great teachers in areas of self esteem, helping them to find their passion (Creative arts, sports, sciences) and set a great foundation for their continued success in HISD. Go Bulldogs!

Posted September 05, 2009
As a previous parent mentioned the school's inability to give quality special education, I will concur that this school to date has not caught up with special education. If you have a special education student please, please, please reconsider putting your child in this school. If you feel that your child can be helped and achieve, then this is not the school for you. Administration is very poor and not in touch with best trends and practices in special education. And with the principal actually being a past special education teacher, I can say, she is still very much in the past with what is best.

Posted June 03, 2009
My daughter has excelled at Shadowbriar and I feel that 3rd and 4th grade were great for her. She has come such a long way in her testing skills and has achieved so much academically with all A's. The teachers in the GT program are all fantastic.

Posted May 08, 2006
My oldest son attends this school and I will really have to say that it has been a great experience.He was having a difficult time with his grades at first.I have been told by many teachers and parents that 3rd grade is rough.So when his grades stated slipping from a's and b's to c's and d's I was very worried.However the core of teachers have worked very closely with me and now he is getting all b's.I am very gratefull for thier concern and help.They really gothat extra mile that counts in a childs life.The principle is also very open and helpfull if thier are any concerns to be addressed.Overall I would have to say it is a top notch school

Posted January 25, 2006
I cannot recommend Shadowbriar. I have a student that is considered 'very superior' in IQ however he has a learning disability. This school refused to correct a teacher that would not permit my son the modifications that were agreed to in his IEP. This is state law, not preference, but instead of taking on the teacher, they gave him a year of independent study. The discipline in the school is weak, there is so much chaos in some of the classrooms that the teachers are unable to teach.

Shadowbriar Elementary School 4

Posted January 17, 2006
The school has been helpful to me and my child. The teachers in 3rd grade GT program are fabulous and keep me informed about my child's progress.

Shadowbriar Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2005
We have been very pleased with this school. Offers an excellent academic program for gifted children. The teaching staff has been exceptional and is very interested to work with parents.

Posted June 27, 2005
This is an excellent middle school. The staff is very helpful. My transition to Houston was made easy for my son partly due to the friendliness of the staff & highly skilled teachers.

Posted December 14, 2004
My son used to attend your school from 2002-2004 (third and fourth grade) he has moved to Minnessota to live with his dad now and missed his fifth grade year at your school. While he was attending your school he made a lot of friends, which included his teachers. Loved to join in all the extracurricular activities in your school. Now that he is attending another school he mentions to me from time to time how much he has your school and I have to admit so do I. Anyways, I thought I would share what a big impact your students and teachers have made in my childs life and mine. Keep up the great work. -Angie Zepeda

Shadowbriar Elementary School
2650 Shadowbriar Drive, Houston, TX  77077
Last modified Shadowbriar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.