Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

My daughter is often working on homework, but she is also making good grades and passed all of her state tests.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My daughter talks about the lessons she gets during a 30 minute period every day (I think it is every day). The school takes time to teach the kids about skills that are needed in college and in life.

Excellent school!! My daughter will be junior next school year and she had had a lot personal issues with depression. The administrators at the school were very understanding and attentive to my daughters needs. The teachers made accommodations for her and if it were not for the caring and delicate way that the school handled my daughter's condition, I do not think she would be so successful academically.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

We have really good teachers who are smart and teach well. They really care about all students

Amount of homework: Disagree

I am in AP classes and I have a lot of homework. I know it is good for me but I wish I had more time for fun.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The kids are nice to each other and when someone loses a cell phone someone usually finds it and turns it in.

Great school! The teachers and staff are amazing. I wish I could give it 5 stars but the principal is horrible. She doesn't care for the students nor the teachers. If it wasn't for the enthusiasm of the clerks and teachers this school would have gone down.

Eastwood has never been perfect, as no school ever is, but it is such a shame that the quality and standards of the school have diminished. There are still a number of great teachers, both old and new, but there are a number of teachers who don't even deserve the title. The current principal Ms. Fendley has been the WORST. She has failed to listen to parents, teachers, and students. When a parent brought an issue to her, she resorted to bullying their children, thus intimidating them. This year, funds were exhausted, being spent frivolously by the principal herself. It is a shame that so many students didn't even get into U of H this year. Overall SAT results were dreadful. So far, the majority of 9th and 10th graders failed STAAR. NO excuse from a charter/college prep. My sister's middle school prepared all their students well and results were phenomenal. The number of students keeps increasing. Are they trying to bring one of the better schools in the neighborhood down? Eastwood is no longer charter. It's like any other now. Ms. Fendley didn't present the portfolio to keep it as a charter because she was lazy and prefers to lower the standards required of charter schools.

this is my last year at eastwood academy and it has been the toughest. When i first heard about this school, I thought it was going to be just like my senior year is turning out to be, very difficult. Since i was expecting it to be very hard and once i got here found out it wasn't, the first few couple of years for me here were extremely easy. It wasnt until my junior year that my grades started slipping and i started getting more relaxed, in a bad way. Because of that and the whole college process that comes with being a senior, this year has bee most difficult. Trevino is the sort of principal that i expected to have in my freshmen year coming to this college prep school. I think with him being here, this school is going to get better and better each year.

Okay, now that I have a senior and a junior at Eastwood, my overall experience has been above average. The complaints from my kids have mostly been about offering electives (like photography) with no teacher to teach the classes. The HCC instructors for dual credit courses have not showed up b/c of illness and subs from Eastwood are brought in that may not know how to instruct this particular class. And the biggest of all 'daily' complaint is that the breakfast & lunch is horrible!!! My biggest disappointment this year as a 'parent' is the agrresiveness that young adults/teens are making to date, have relationships and get involved with each other in ways that are reserved for adults. Our kids are taught that 'building' your character is not only a priveledge its an art! Don't dis-honor your character by making adult decisions. Make honorable decisions that can make a difference!!! ~mom

Last modified Eastwood Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.