Posted November 12, 2013
THIS SCHOOL IS A JOKE, NO COMPUTERS FOR KIDS OR TEACHERS, THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO KIND YOUR CHILD DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY. GETTING RECORDS WILL BECOME YOUR FULL TIME JOB, THE FOOD OPTIONS FOR THE KIDS IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE GIVEN TO IMATES IN JAIL. I'M NOT SURE WHY HISD IS STILL GIVING THIS SCHOOL MONEY TO WASTE. I WOULD NOT SEND MY DOG FOR TRAINING HERE... PARENTS PLEASE DONT DO IT.

Posted August 13, 2013
Very test oriented. I also was on the receiving end of racial slurs from students (with no repercussions) and racist comments from staff. Not a pleasant place to work.

Posted May 29, 2013
I was reading some of the reviews on here and I was surprised to see how many Satisfied Parents there is. One Parent wrote "Form your own opinions based on facts not Reviews" . Well I tell you if you do, you will regret it. Let's forget about what everyone else is saying about having to pay for supplies. You have to purchase them regardless. Who ever said a Field trip is free? Now if you have to pay to get transportation from and to a school event that is different. My child had to pay to ride a bus from school to a soccer game. He was on the team. Getting back to the school issues. They change Teacher's and Staff like you would change from one course to the other. Teacher's are very disrespectful!!!! Just this year (2013) the E-Stem high school has had like 3 different Principal's. It is very true that they do focus on passing the required Test's. I do not see my child learning other than that. He can not even remember what he learned the previous year for the same subject because of the teacher' s being replaced so often. They teach differently. I will tell you the Active Principal now(Mr. Perez) is doing a GREAT job. He takes no Bull!!!!! THIS SCHOOL IS VERY UNORGANIZED!!!

Energized For Excellence Academy E 4

Posted October 15, 2012
I will admit the school is not very unorganized during the period of drop-offs and parents attempting to get their children to and from school especially with all the schools beginning and letting out at the same time. Yes it is a nightmare! BUT...when school is in session and all the traffic and parents go away...this school is awesome!. My child has attended this school from middle school into high school and has truly excelled. Principal Bullock for the past two years has literally paid out of her pockets for the all her high school students to attend Texas universities college/business readiness programs for two weeks at the end of each school year. I know they may not have all the glitz and glamour like more established high school may have but I beg to differ on the teaching-to-test theory. I love this school and so does my child. As far as the teachers leaving and bringing in new ones, if the teachers are not a fit for the school and their program, then I can understand. But then most established public and private schools have this same problem these days too.

Energized For Excellence Academy E 5

Posted October 02, 2012
I love this school! I couldn't be happier with the results I have seen in my child's education. I have read some of these other reviews and I don't know whether to laugh or cry. These reviews seem like they were done by people who want the school to provide everything AND do the parenting for them. Yes, the school asks you to buy supplies for your child but so does every other school in Houston. I have a friend who teaches at Thompson and she said the supplies for her students cost $80. I've NEVER paid that much. Yes, they teach the children how to pass TAKS but so does every other school in Texas. The difference between Energized and other schools is that this school sets high expectations for their students & gives them the skills to meet those expectations. My son loves going to school and his teacher is doing an excellent job. No school is perfect but Energized is one of the best in the city.

Energized For Excellence Academy E 5

Posted September 14, 2012
Reading these comments leaves me scratching my head. I sent my son Joshua here after rave reviews from ACTUAL PARENTS who send their child with no complaints. My son received an education unimaginable for our district and is now about to go to University of Texas for college. I may have made mistakes as a parent along the way but sending him to Energized, under the care of Ms Bullock, is not one of them. Form your own opinions based on facts not reviews.

Energized For Excellence Academy E 3

Posted August 20, 2012
Be prepared to spend lots of your money on school supplies. Text books need to be purchased out of pocket. Fields trips are out of pocket, including the school bus. Their events are held at a theater and tickets are just so expensive.How about the cafeteria? The school appears to be very old. Sometimes their bathrooms don't have toilet paper. Bathrooms inside the classrooms are always dirty and smelly. The kids don't have P.E. class. The dumpsters are located near the bus stop area where kids are dropped off and picked up. For the past two years my son had teachers who were always mad. I believe the teachers bring their personal problems to work. Definitely placing my son in another school.

Posted October 18, 2011
I'm new in texas and when I called to find out enrollment information about this school the lady who answered the phone was very rude and short with me. she did not even give me time to ask where they were located. she cut me short and said she had another phone call and if I wanted more info I had to go in to the school and she hung up on me.

Posted August 24, 2011
school is a joke they are very unorganized they ask for so much money and allot of supplies which you are buying for the entire school .there staff are rude including ms bullock and ms cooper walks around cluesless asking parents what to do.. parents or anyone can walk in and no permission is asked .parking is a nightmare ,parents fight for parking or to even the leave the parking lot. teachers are great but they system there is horrible , dont leave your kid there they are taking advantage of all the undocumented kids , parents and teachers. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Energized For Excellence Academy E 2

Posted March 10, 2011
A factory school that just packs them in. They have a huge factory garage door in there cafeteria that is open in all weather and the kids have to sit there and wait for classes. Parking is terrible and traffic is nuts. Its like they didn't even plan for drop offs and pick ups when they created the school. The teachers do the best they can but the administration is obviously worried about other things. This school is not much of an improvement over the terrible HISD schools in the Sharpstown area.

Energized For Excellence Academy E
6201 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX  77081
Last modified Energized For Excellence Academy E is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Energized For Excellence Academy E Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top