Bad
Good

I'm a graduate of WHE & I've had children who have graduated from there as well. This school is by far not one of the best schools that my children have attended. The best education we've experienced was in Colorado, to be honest. Now, teachers at WHE care for the students, for the most part & I appreciated that as a student & later as a parent. The problem I have with this school is that if issues are not dealt with hand in hand with the parent. Whether its a problem with a teacher, student, a child with ADD or other condition, a parent is left feeling alone in their attempt to help their child. It's as if all the teachers are perfect & students are made to fit into the cookie cutter mold. I had a child who loved it & children who suffered there. It's a coin toss.

I attended this school as a child (over 30 years ago) and my son is just now wrapping up 5th grade. It is a wonderful school and has very high standards. Like many schools, they concentrate on the TAKS test alot; but in the end-it works out. My son is advancing to middle school with three honors classes that I am sure will help him along his academic road. PTA and parental involvement are very strong. The principal and assistant principal-not to mention the low turn-over rate of teachers are true pluses to this school. I would whole-heartedly recommend this school to anyone!

First let me state that I have lived in Kingwood for 20+ years with 4 children who have attended 4 different elementarys over the years. This one is the best. The staff goes above and beyond every single day to help the children achieve a great education. This school has the largest number of economically disadvantaged in Kingwood yet the highest TAKS scores consistently. The counselor and support staff are great. My only complaint is the Principal is too nice. When my child was bullied including a mild concussion and a sprain it took me (after 4 days) finally threatening going to the assistant sup to get it to stop. It was horrible. I kept hearing all about the other kids issues. I was sympathetic but this kid was twice the weight of my child & literally picked up my child and threw them down. Corroboree is a don't miss event.

This school has some real issues it faces. The teachers are kind, for the ones that are good, they are excellent. PTA, some teachers, and some staff are great perks that counteract the negative. I've known WHE for 30 plus yrs.

Last modified Woodland Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.