Houston, TX
Students enrolled: 2,554

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 10, 2015
The drugs, bullying, and racial slurs are "covered up". It is ridiculous in this day and age for these behaviors to be accepted.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 10, 2015
I was at a sporting event where the students started a chant "Your parents clean our houses". And later "you are still ugly" to a player who made a score. No one in their side tried to stop it.

Posted August 30, 2013
You cannot take advantage of a more excellent school than this one. So many bright students that want to challenge themselves. Teachers and classes can get tough, especially in English.

Posted February 05, 2011
I LOVE MY SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most everyone has a fabulous attitude and I am really learning about myself and what is best for me. The academics are crazy challenging, everyone is so competitive at everything they do from golf to french club to GPA to class rank. Almost all of our sports are in the top five in the state. Highlights are Band, Swimming and Diving, Cross Country, Basketball, and Fillies. Teachers are willing to listen and help you. Drugs are not a problem AT ALL if you know who to avoid. There is no bullying and everyone is big family no matter what the grade. Please dont bash the school, we love it and its taken a lot of work to get where we are! <3
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 04, 2009
Kingwood High School is both academically & athletically top rated in the Houston area. 25%+ of our students have a GPA of 4.0+

Posted October 03, 2009
My three kids have gone to Kingwood Highschool and all have had great experiences .

Posted February 13, 2009
Both of my kids graduated for KHS. Both graduated college. One had 2/3 scholarship from sports and acedemics. Didn't have any drug problems. It is competetive but there is a lot to be involved in.

Posted April 29, 2008
I moved to Kingwood just prior to my senior year, and as one would guess, I was very upset. HOWEVER, Kingwood High was an excellent experience from me. The people were extremely friendly, especially for an affluent area. I made so many friends and had tons of fun. The academics were very challenging, but looking back now, I realize it prepared me for college. Almost all of the athletic programs are among the state's elite. Move here if you want your children to be in competition in either academics, sports, or fine arts, and if you want them to graduate from a high school that has a very good reputation amongst all Texas universities, and even nation-wide.

Posted February 12, 2008
I was involved in Cross-Country, Track, Newspaper, Student Council, French club, Tricycling, and I was in NHS. Kingwood is an amazing school for those kids who enjoy people, like to be involved, like challenging courses, and have a little bit of school pride. I am proud to say I graduated from here, students who learn well from Kingwood will go far in life. One of the cool things I noticed was that although the school was cliquish, it was not hard to make many friends, and there was absolutely no 'popular' crowd. Fortunatley though there are many ways to feel connected to the school through various clubs

Kingwood High School 3

Posted October 24, 2007
Communications at Kingwood High School are not as strong and timely as those at Kingwood Park High School Kingwood Park High School staff care for each student's learning and how well they feel at being part of the school community. Not so at Kingwood High.

2701 Kingwood Drive, Houston, TX  77339
Last modified Kingwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kingwood High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top